Alcantara headling recommendations

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
I've took an obsession over alcantara. I need it on my headliner and I need it now. My headliner atm is cream and it makes my new interior look awful, so I've sourced a black one. But since its such a pain removing it due to the sunroof I thought when its out I might as well get it wrapped in alcantara, along with the A pillars, parcel shelf and other trim bits.
I thought of doing it myself, few guys on bimmer forums have done it and it turned out looking well. But I haven't priced the material yet.
I've been told its £1000 to get it trimmed and not to touch it as the material is too dear to put on wrong.. but my optimism is telling me its no where near that sort of money.. I hope
So 3 questions
How much is alcantara and where can I get it ?? anthracite 9002 is the oem colour I need
Would it be stupid me attempting it myself? I want it perfect
How much would it be for someone to trim it for me and who can do it?
Bit of a strange one :laughing: its a 540 btw so big headliner lol
alcantara.jpg

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I hate reading threads like this as I gives me something else to add to my list. I had all the grey plastics in my ep3 wrapped in alcantara to match the black roof liner. My mate did it, the material was expensive and it was a right pain in the hole to get right.

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
Thanks guys for your help
Before i actually contact professionals id like to have a very rough idea of the price
Any one know?
For if its way over budget theres no point me contacting the pros for i dont want to waste their time

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
I hate reading threads like this as I gives me something else to add to my list. I had all the grey plastics in my ep3 wrapped in alcantara to match the black roof liner. My mate did it, the material was expensive and it was a right pain in the hole to get right.
Do you know where you got the material?
Any pics? I bet it looks mint

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
Dunno pricing on places to do the actual work it but I know alcatara is about £80/90 per metre. Most cars you'd be looking at buying 2meters for the headcloth alone so you've got £160-180 plus glues etc you wouldn't be far off £200 before factoring in labour

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
And if the seats have to come out to remove the liner then ur into a few hours labour on top too

Was lucky enuff the cav liner came out the front doors seats lowered down and screwed back... 5 series be a beast of a thing

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
Dunno pricing on places to do the actual work it but I know alcatara is about £80/90 per metre. Most cars you'd be looking at buying 2meters for the headcloth alone so you've got £160-180 plus glues etc you wouldn't be far off £200 before factoring in labour
Thanks.. do you know who does it?

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
And if the seats have to come out to remove the liner then ur into a few hours labour on top too

Was lucky enuff the cav liner came out the front doors seats lowered down and screwed back... 5 series be a beast of a thing
Ive changed the whole interior so removng seats is a walk in the park compared to the top dash lol
Im re dying them so they'll be out anyway.. thats another job to do :rolleyes:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Only way you’ll get a proper price is to call a professional. 5 or ten min call and explain what you need.

Steve750

RMS Regular
OP
Steve750
Drives
750i
What about “fake” alcantara? Not going to get much wear and tear on the roof.
Guys on the forums used fake alcantara. From my understanding alcantara is just fake sued but its a famous company that makes it called alcantara, hence its name. Fake stuff is just copies of it, which would be fine, but the colour would need to be right. I haven't a notion of who or what supplies alcantara, or copies of it

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Think the cheaper stuff wasn’t as flexible/stretchy and anything curved etc was harder worked with, used it a few times doing builds back in the day with various levels of success

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.