Astra mk3 Gsi project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Hit a slight problem... Or maybe no problem at all....

Does the ignition barrel need to be swapped over to good car? The key looks like it has no chip in it from donor car that is. My 1.4 key is standard old type Vauxhall key. Will we encounter any problems if barrel is left in and key from the 1.4 used?

mental davy

RMS Member
Drives
st24,GTI TDI
The 1.4 is a v front so it's going to have a chip and imobliser in it that's linked to the ecu that is linked to the mortor I think?? my cuzin done a motor swap in a corsa b when he got the 16 16v it came with the chip and ecu. I don't think it'll be a problem with the donor motor and ecu as that model came with out security from gm.

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
So because the ecu from donor has no security I can just use same barrel and key?

mental davy

RMS Member
Drives
st24,GTI TDI
I'm near sure ther shouldn't be an issue an auto spark should be able to confirm it for you if there is any on this form

seanmooney

RMS Regular
@roonz01 sorry im only coming in part way through this, are you asking is there going to be a problem when you put the XE into your good car?

If this is the case you dont have to worry.. You use the ecu from your XE and there is no security as such and theres only 5 wires to get the XE going.

I took the key barrel out of mine all together and used a couple of kill switches and a push button to start.

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Ok. So haven't updated this in ages....

Cars now all back together.. Engine is playing up something shocking so car is now with James in ballyclare. No pictures of it unfortunately but once she's running well I'll get some up...

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Oh dear, you still never got to the bottom of the issue then?

It could have been so many things and I would have had to buy every sensor just to sort it. Plus I'd feel better known that car should be running very well after James fixes it.

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Long time since I updated this... Cars running well now. Turned out to be the maf!!! Lol. Other one I tried was faulty too... Typical. Here's a few photos of her now.. Long way to go still..
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Nice but I really want speedlines and paint them white. Or inovit st6 in White....

Reactions: Gus

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Was going to sell her but thought better of it... Ended up buying a genuine gsi Astra wheel for her..

image.jpg

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Long time since there was any update to car. Changed job so just don't have as much money to throw at it. Anyway some more progress;

Steering wheel now fitted.
image.jpg

Also got dent and rust on rear arch sorted. Unfortunately the colour of parts on front end is unknown. It's not flame red anyway... So cars still 50 shades of red but no rust left...
image.jpg

image.jpg

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Unfortunately drivers side front spring is bust so lots of rubbing on new wheels at the minute with arch liner. Also crankshaft oil seal leaking. Joys of owning an old Vauxhall. There is always at least 2 things wrong with the car at any one time..
image.jpg

roonz01

RMS Regular
OP
roonz01
Drives
Calibra 2.5 v6
Car never did get sold. Couldn't do it. Did sell the engine, gearbox and gsi seats. Car has sat next to my house for last year and a half but finally got my finger out and purchased a few bits to get it up and running again.

Bought this off ebay for £300. Bargain. It came with Fm55 501 gearbox fitted so total bargain if you ask me. Still have to collect this but should get down to lift it next weekend with a bit of luck.

Also lifting red leather astra coupe front and back seats this weekend. Car will be getting sprayed white when finished so like the idea of the red seats. I'm sure this will divide opinion but I like them. Very good condition too.

I will hopefully have all the parts needed gathered up by the end of the summer and I can then get it all fitted over winter and sent for spraying ready for next year.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Nice to see you still have it. I’m as bad for leaving my novas to the side but all in all they still exist

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.