Audi A3 8P S-Line Quattro

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Been on here a while and have never posted any of my previous vehicles. So I do believe this is my first vehicle post.

Having previously owned an early 2004 A3 8P a few years ago, I decided I wanted to go back to the Audi.

Picked this up last week locally in Belfast, very pleased to say the least and very impressed with the power, seems very quick of the for a diesel, i assume this is also due to the 4WD.

2007 A3 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro (170) 42,000 miles, 1 owner from new, full service history
Has all the usual S-Line specs
Auto Headlights/Wipers
Auto Dimming Mirror / Wing Mirrors (didn't even realise you could get auto dimming side mirrors!!)
Folding mirrors
Heated Seats
18" RS6 Alloys - with 4 brand spanking new winter tyres, which i'll be changing shortly.
Interior Lighting Pack
Non Smokers pack (y)

In terms of plans for the future, nothing major tbh, i like my cars OEM, so I will look about and see if i can pick up and RNS-E and possibly further down the line i may upgrade to a FBMFSW

otJdKXG.jpg

0bHFAgF.jpg

54vq3gs.jpg

xoUrZ2l.jpg

deCtYW3.jpg

aQTpodS.jpg

qQv71vT.jpg

PjDWKkn.jpg

pablo

RMS Moderator
very nice mate Id consider a double din install vs RNSE though unless you want full steering wheel/cluster integration.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
OP
midgelfc
Drives
BMW 630D GT
very nice mate Id consider a double din install vs RNSE though unless you want full steering wheel/cluster integration.
Cheers Pablo, it's definitely something that i would consider. At least with double din you can get fully integrated bluetooth etc at no extra cost. Was only thinking of RNS-E due to planning on changing to an MFSW at some point

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
That is very nice @midgelfc . You didn't stick too long with the Saab then?

Ps I must get that heat gun off you some day lol

Darren91

RMS Regular
Very nice indeed, love that leather! @Lyons has it in his A8 too.

I prefer OEM kit and how it all integrates in with each other, don't think I could live with anything aftermarket as it wasn't made for the dash like OEM stuff is.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
OP
midgelfc
Drives
BMW 630D GT
That is very nice @midgelfc . You didn't stick too long with the Saab then?

Ps I must get that heat gun off you some day lol
Unfortunately me and the Saab never seen eye to eye, it was the first 4 door car i owned and i quickly realised it wasn't for me :grinning:
haha indeed Chris, the heat gun is ready and waiting. Could get it to you next week if you're about?

Reactions: CR

midgelfc

RMS Regular
OP
midgelfc
Drives
BMW 630D GT

I prefer OEM kit and how it all integrates in with each other, don't think I could live with anything aftermarket as it wasn't made for the dash like OEM stuff is.
I wasn't to sure about the leather when i first seen it in the advert, but it has definitely grown on me and looks awesome in full real life HD

pablo

RMS Moderator

the RNS-E isn't really very good. doesn't do full postcode lookups and you need to add AMI to get iPod control etc.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice indeed! Great spec too. A 170 Quattro is a rare one.

The RNS isnt the most advanced unit, but once coupled with the AMI its a great bit of kit. Depends what sort of thing you're after though, I used to have Pioneer/Kennwod double din units etc, but now I wouldnt look past the OEM units and how they integrate with the car.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Lovely example mate!

The 170 lump pulls well too - had it in my old Octavia, should handle even better with the 4WD....

loving the leather - it does grow on you, when I first seen that finish in an Audi I thought it was a bit lairy until I seen it in the flesh

If you're gonna keep the boot badges change the I to a red I - she aint no run of the mill 140 TDI

Im surprised she has no sline badge on the steering wheel....unless it's been replaced at some stage by a previous owner

midgelfc

RMS Regular
OP
midgelfc
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Lovely example mate!

The 170 lump pulls well too - had it in my old Octavia, should handle even better with the 4WD....

loving the leather - it does grow on you, when I first seen that finish in an Audi I thought it was a bit lairy until I seen it in the flesh

If you're gonna keep the boot badges change the I to a red I - she aint no run of the mill 140 TDI

Im surprised she has no sline badge on the steering wheel....unless it's been replaced at some stage by a previous owner
Thanks Crimson & @Lyons for the kind words.

Yeah i was surprised that the spec didn't include a MFSW with the s-line badge, something i'll definitely look into changing in the near future. Good call on the TDI red I, just did a photoshop looks well (y)

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
It's the small things that make such a difference - another vote for MY90/11 rear clusters too (y)

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
looks really well, steering wheel, MY09 or MY11 lights and it will be such a smart car then, if you want to go any further Ive some H&R springs quattro spring which didnt do many miles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.