Audi C7 A6 3.0TDi

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I picked this up from Lake District Audi on Friday as a replacement for the family car. Mrs Lyons decided recently that the Tiguan was too small (it's essentially a raised Golf) so I was tasked with finding a replacement. We were originally intending on getting an A5 Cabriolet and a cheap 7 seater, but in the end decided against it. After a lot of research for rear bench widths, we went and had a look at 1 of these in the flesh to do a trial run for car seats. It's massive inside and the boot is huge, with a fairly low access too, unlike the A8.

It's a 3.0TDi Quattro, so it has 245hp and the S-Tronic box. It's hilariously quick for a big bus (60 in 6) yet averages 48mpg on paper. Great spec on this 1 too; 19" wheels, sports wheel, MMI 3G+ (8" screen) and touch pad, DVD changer, comfort seats, xenon plus etc.

The collection wasn't just as straightforward as I hoped, and I'm certainly glad I didn't get it at the port. For a car that was meant to be unmarked, the offside arch had a big scuff and there were 2 dents on the doors. The scuff buffed out and I got a little off to get the dents removed at home, but it would barely cover it. They'd put new discs and pads on the front though which I hadn't expected so I was pleased enough overall.

Sadly it's making a questionable noise just short of full lock, so I have it booked in to Agnews tomorrow.

No major plans, I intend to add DAB at some point along with a steering wheel with paddles. I'm not quite sure why it was spec'd without them, but they are easily coded. Also a few things to activate via VAGcom- video in motion for the DVD and get the rear lights turned on with the front DRL's.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Do they do different trim inserts, maybe some carbon or brushed Aluminium would improve the interior, just in my opinion anyway.

Drives a S6 buys A6 ;)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup SE. The C7 is the first A6 that I personally think the SE trim still looks good in, all previous 1s have been soft compared to the S-Line. The 19s help dramatically too!

richie_mck

RMS Regular
That looks very smart and I've always been partial to a silver audi, always looks classy in them.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Do they do different trim inserts, maybe some carbon or brushed Aluminium would improve the interior, just in my opinion anyway.

Drives a S6 buys A6 ;)

I'll be honest, I've always like wood trim. I think the dark walnut here looks great :oops:. It's not a racey car, so I think aluminium/carbon would look out of place.

Darren91

RMS Regular
I actually like the wood trim, makes a change from the normal piano black etc.

I agree with you on the SE point, the 4F looked very soft in SE spec whereas the 4G looks very similar in SE/Sline spec.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I'll be honest, I've always like wood trim. I think the dark walnut here looks great :oops:. It's not a racey car, so I think aluminium/carbon would look out of place.
That's a sign of getting old haha. Hopefully the noise isn't to serious but I'm guessing warranty would cover it.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Very nice, Ian. Love the colour, I'm a big fan of silver....classy and subtle.

Old man walnut trim too, perfect for you! :p

Conor

RMS Regular
Lovely, couldn't have anything less than the 3.0 in an A6!

I'd say it's probably every bit as quick as the golf?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Nice big motor Ian. Health to enjoy it with all the family!

Those TFT screens and sat nav are seriously impressive!

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Fantastic buy @Lyons ! I'm also a big fan of silver audis- so refreshing when kept clean.

Health to enjoy with all the fam

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cheers folks. I expected most would think it was too boring!

Whats with the iPad on the dash does it pop up or something?

Id upload a video of it in operation if I knew how to!

Lovely, couldn't have anything less than the 3.0 in an A6!

I'd say it's probably every bit as quick as the golf?

I would actually have been happy with a 2.0, but Quattro was necessity and you can only get it in the 245 brake 3.0, so unfortunately we had to get the more powerful one :innocent::party:.

I like [emoji106] Sometimes I think I should buy a grownup car instead of a Mini [emoji5]️

I thought that with the A8, but I absolutely love having the GTi to blast about in too. I think I'd miss a sporty small car now.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.