Audio installs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
Is there anyone left doing audio installs on this wee island of ours? I am looking a few things done to the car but cannot find anyone that does them anymore. With Iceman and Audio Advice gone I am lost as to who is left.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
@stevensti - I certainly do installs, have been doing so professionally and offering good value for money and excellent after-sales service since 1995. I'm not often in the country though and the missus likes it when I don't have cars waiting in the drive when I come home once a month! She's not often happy as there always are!
If you can't get sorted, let me know what you have in mind and I'll give you a quote.
Del

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
When I looked them up on ta Internet the number that I found didn't work.
@Cartunes I will be looking for something after the summer holidays but firstly I need to know if my head unit is up to it or will I need to replace it. The car is a seat Ibiza.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Replace head unit first ! There's never been a decent head unit fitted to any Seat - they're about 37p's worth.

PM me a budget and I'll find something that suits

Cheers

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
I have a set of new 6x9s that I want to put in and I will look at a head unit. What head units are good these days? I use to use pioneer all the time so looking for something that is compatible with iPhone 6 and even DAB.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
The car is 2011 but would really need a double din unit to fill the gap.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
that's why I asked! :grinning:
Facia is required for Double Din Radio: http://caraudiosecurity.com/ct23st05-seat-ibiza-2008-double-din-facia-in-black
Then something like this:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dab...bt-cd-mp3-usb-aux-ipod-android-inc-dab-aerial
Which is the cheapest Double Din (decent brand) that fulfils your wishes!

Don't forget the wiring and antenna adapter - connects 2 should do a full install kit for around £40 which includes all wiring plus plastic bits - and if you have steering wheel remote buttons, don't forget to add the converter!!

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
The list keeps getting longer. Was also thinking about an amp and sub I have loved JL audio for a while so will be getting a 10" and box for the boot at some point. May as well upgrade the fronts to some decent speakers as well.

Stuarty1984

RMS Regular
Scrap the 6x9's.

Get a decent head unit, amp a decent set of front components, sub in the boot, done.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Yeah, stay away from the 6x9's and get decent comps for up front and a good amp to power things.

Have seen quite a bit of Del's work (@Cartunes) and he most certainly knows how to do an install, and what will/won't work as far as hardware goes for a predetermined budget...

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
I like 6x9's as they give a nice sound for rear depth in the car along with the sub and a nice set of components up front gives the car an all round good sound.

pablo

RMS Moderator
you dont need 6x9s. decent amped front components will provide all the all roundness you need (along with a sub).

keep the std rear speakers in and run them straight from the HU faded appropriately for some rear fill if you really want.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I wouldn't waste my money on 6x9 or any rear speakers tbh.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
The car doesn't have any rear speakers so it needs something in the rear as the kids need the radio turned up full to hear it

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
there's a lot of 6x9 hatred around in this thread - they were handy for a bit of free-air bass, but a pure compromise over a sub in the rear, comps in the front system that most people now go with.

Stuarty boy has nailed the perfect system from a front-seat perspective - only add rears if you convey passengers in that part of your automobile.

You can do it on a tight budget , but if you like JL - then stretch!!

If you start with a head unit and fronts, the amp and sub can be added later - but it is best to amplify the fronts too!

These speakers aren't too bad off-axis (speaker is low in the door and pointing nowhere near yer lugs): http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-spg-17cs
BUT, if amping and adding JL subwooferage, think on something like these:http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/focal-performance-ps165 - which have good power handling and sensitivity.
Though - if you stretch a bit more, yourears will think they've been born-again: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jl-...-convertible-component-coaxial-speaker-system - I removed the sub from my system and just run these on their own with a 75 watts per channel JBL amp nowadays - though the door of the car has loads of sound deadening, which is another necessity if running an amped speaker in there!

There are loads of lovely speakers to choose from. I don't sell electronics, so like to offer impartial advice!

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
It is good advice and I appreciate it. What I am thinking of is a pioneer head unit JL components with crossover upfront powered by an amp, kenwood 6x9s on the rear shelf running off the head unit with JL 12" boxed sub in the boot. I do carry passengers on a regular basis in the back which is the main reason. The only thing would be the amp as I used to run a sub on a separate amp to that of the components upfront.

stevensti

RMS Regular
OP
stevensti
Drives
slowly
Does anyone know what size the front speakers are in the 2011 Ibiza?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.