Autoelectric guru needed here to help me wire fuel pump

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I'm getting a bit frustrated here as my 12v corsa is wired differently to most other Corsas and I'm struggling with wiring in the fuel relay.

My original plan was to bypass the fuel pump relay but @Mark_C rightly pointed out that this is dangerous.

I've gathered up some info on the problem, as much as I can offer anyway with my limited understanding on the subject.

Can anyone decipher what I need to do here and break it down into small easy to follow steps. I'll throw a few quid to the charity of choice of whoever can do this for me.

Here are some photos:

14v5mwl.jpg

21lvrly.jpg

2uhvle1.jpg

r4up.jpg

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Cheers. I think some said Del has been offline for a while.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
From what I can see on the diagram on my phone, as I'm out, pin x58/3 on ecu switches to ground. So use that as the switch to ground for the fuel pump relay. I can't see it properly on this though!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I'll give that a whirl Mark. I'll know better when I try to fire it up

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I dont even get the question ?

What are you trying to do ? And why are you posting Calibra parts and Corsa parts ?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Lol @stevieturbo

There maybe was a question in their somewhere!

I'm trying to wire up a Calibra loom into a Corsa B and struggling a bit with the FPR because in the 1.0 12v Corsa it's in a different place to the norm so it has to be bypassed or wires diverted to it to get the Calibra FPR to run correctly.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
SO what loom are you using ?

Do you just want a fuel pump relay to trigger ? Or do you need something else ?

Pin 54 on the Calibra ecu triggers the pump relay. That's all you really need ?

Or if you retain both relays, R29 looks like it is powered first to power other items plus the FP relay.

Colour references and relay number are based on Corsa drawing. None of the other wires would/should need touched.
But without seeing how much cutting you've really done or why...difficult to say.

Calibra pin 49 to R29 Br/Sw X58/9

Calibra pin 54 to R30 Br/Ro X58/3

A relay is just a remote switch

30 will be a 12v supply from wherever. May be fused.

86 will be the 12v to energise the relay. This may be permanent or switched.

85 will be the ground trigger to energise the relay. Almost all ecu's turn a relay off/on via ground ( hence 86 may have a permanent 12v )

87 is the power supply to the load once energised.

On your drawings R29 is energised first which then provides a 12v supply to relay R30 so it can energise ( once it also receives the ground trigger via the ecu ). Bit overkill on safety, although it may be for other reasons.

genman

G
Yes ...ECU 54 is the FP -ve 85 trigger but also the FPR only has the 86 input when the Ignition relay energises so if your relying on the Calibra loom you need to look at both relays.
Its a common design these days to safeguard against flooding the engine and acts as a double safety when the ECU kills either 49 or 54 to stop the engine depending on certain faults.
Which relay panel / fusebox are you using or are you splicing aspects of each loom together

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.