Best OBD app for a MINI - Bimmercode or Carly?

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I downloaded the Car Scanner app for my iPhone and plugged an old Bluetooth OBD scanner in to the Mini.

No lights in the dash but was just curious.

Car Scanner threw up about half a dozen codes which I’ve looked up on bmwfault.codes but to be honest even after a search about the Mini and BMW forums I’m still a bit confused about how to fix these faults.

A couple of them definitely relates to the start/stop system which I already knew has an issue of some sort.

I was going to see if a new battery will at least fix the start/stop issue but see I’ve to register a new one. I also want to mess about with coding anyway so figured I’d look in to one of the OBD apps.

I’m totally new to anything other than a basic use of Torque for fault codes so thought I’d come here for advice on the available apps.

Originally I thought I’d buy Carly but see it’s £95 a year subscription for the licence which I feel is alot per year when I might only need it once for the battery plus the odd-code check and maybe a wee coding mod if there was something worth trying.

Is Bimmercode at £50 just as good? What can’t you do on it that Carly does differently?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
@Mont I regsitered the battery in my 320d with BimmerLink , i think you only need BimmerCode if you are changing the capacity of battery that you are installing

edit to add link to my post 2009 Le-Mans Blue E92 320D MSport
Thanks. Good to know for when getting the battery changed.

I already have one of those iCar Pro things too which has been excellent. Nice wee size of a thing as well.