Bike Lessons around Belfast

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Artoir

RMS Regular
OP
Artoir
Drives
V8/V6
I did mine with swift - ronnie whiteside was his name. I did mine before the CBT stuff though. You're better going for the highest test you can and the whole lot at once. No point doing 2 tests.

Yea that's the plan, although I'll probably still stick with something small to start. Those MSX's look to be the job and could save me a fortune in commuting costs while still having fun.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
From what im reading here,im 24 in 3 months,I should wait until then and then do my cbt etc as it means im not restricted?

ToDoRon

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CB500f
Good thinking, don't do what I did and buy a brand spanking new 600 and write it off in a month...still cry about that.

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Sorry to jump in here im pretty much in the same boat as EP82JM i turn 24 in feb, i have literally just passed my theory no CBT yet my plan was to get the CBT done in sept and pass my test in feb when im 24. Is there a different CBT for unrestricted? i was under the impression one CBT done all?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
It's not the power of the bike you have to worry about, it's how you ride it. To go back to the OP, I did mine with Swift but that was over 10 years ago. From memory, his name was Ronnie and he rode an Africa Twin, but had a Mille as well. RTS on the Prince Regent Rd get good reviews too.

In my time, I've gone from 125 - 400 - 850 - 750 - 1000 and now back to a 125 (still have the 1000 though)

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Friend is doing Direct Access through RTS he's well pleased with them so far. Think Direct Access is def the way to go, although remember him mentioning two separate CBTs. Hoping to start mine within the next year.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Sorry to jump in here im pretty much in the same boat as EP82JM i turn 24 in feb, i have literally just passed my theory no CBT yet my plan was to get the CBT done in sept and pass my test in feb when im 24. Is there a different CBT for unrestricted? i was under the impression one CBT done all?

your cbt you can do now will be the same CAT A and A2 are the same CBT so will be fine to do it this way, I done the same I done my CBT when I was 23 then waited for my birthday to do my direct access Test :grinning:

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
your cbt you can do now will be the same CAT A and A2 are the same CBT so will be fine to do it this way, I done the same I done my CBT when I was 23 then waited for my birthday to do my direct access Test :grinning:

Thanks thats what i was looking to know, planning on having my cbt this side of Christmas then start lessons January and have my test in February. Probably a silly question, do i have to out R plates up once i pass? i dont think ive ever seen a bike with R plates up

J55NI

RMS Regular
Thanks thats what i was looking to know, planning on having my cbt this side of Christmas then start lessons January and have my test in February. Probably a silly question, do i have to out R plates up once i pass? i dont think ive ever seen a bike with R plates up

Yes supposed to display "r plates " for 1 year after passing , not many do this though.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Never displayed 'R's' (or 'L's' for that matter) or restricted a bike. Don't know of anyone that got bother with either on a bike.

To be honest, I've expected more issues with the monkey bike on the motorway, but never had a single issue, even when I broke down, 3 traffic vehicle passed me as I sat in the bus lane waiting of recovery LOL

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Good thinking, don't do what I did and buy a brand spanking new 600 and write it off in a month...still cry about that.

my first bike after test was the R6, over year gone now and been few hairy moments, mainly due to others drivers but if you be sensible enough you should be grand. id love something quicker/different now but im in the process looking an upgrade car first

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.