Bit of a crash

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Well between my shifts and the officers shifts we have yet to have a chat but I did call him and leave a voicemail tonight telling him to Pursue for leaving the scene and told him when I am free to chat so imagine I will hear more soon.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Well seems the driver of the tractor likes the idea of a few hundred to make it all go away. However he hasn't the cash. He is going to try sort something with the overall farm owner who he works to

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Well seems the driver of the tractor likes the idea of a few hundred to make it all go away. However he hasn't the cash. He is going to try sort something with the overall farm owner who he works to

Of course he doesn't, hes a farmer...

strwma_lefta.jpg

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
So
Back to playing hard ball. Overall farm owner has told the driver of offending vehicle to no longer chat to police or me. And that I need to go through insurance if I want to take it further.

Tit. Considering about 300 quid would be all I am after.

p***ks like him about it's no surprise people develop sore necks to put the arm in

Have told police to follow up leaving scene of accident anyway in that case.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
So
Back to playing hard ball. Overall farm owner has told the driver of offending vehicle to no longer chat to police or me. And that I need to go through insurance if I want to take it further.

p***ks like him about it's no surprise people develop sore necks to put the arm in

Would Crash or one of those places take it on ? That should really screw them over.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I used Crash when a 15 year old tractor driver drove into me a few years ago. I can't recall if they managed to get the £ from the farms insurance or the MIB, but either way my premium wasn't affected.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
So

Fair enough, you gave him an easy option and he wants to (imo) dissuade you from proceeding by involving Insurance companies - see this one through there are plenty who wouldn't be bothered with the hassle.
Some of my family are in farming and they are a stubborn bunch at times, 1 track mind of livestock, machinery and land - anything else is not their problem

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Going to call crash services today.

They sorted me out when the mini stoved into the Fiesta. I tied to sort the accident out myself but the other insurance were dragging their heals. An hour after talking to them the Fiesta was booked into the bodyshop, and a wee hire car sitting on the drive.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Another vote for Crash services here.
A few years back a guy shunted Mrs Cyril's passat in a traffic queue, agreed to pay then when given the bill made up a story that she had reversed into his car.
Insurance was no help, wanted a 50/50 split.
Crash took it on, were prepared to go to court, the guy decided he didn't want to tell the judge his lies and caved in.
Hope you get it sorted.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Well I'm hoping a we bit of legal pressure might make the farmer decide to pay

Crash solicitor today didn't sound to positive though. Just with no witnesses and no damage to that side of my vehicle really. She is going to talk to the officer that came to the scene to try get a feel for it and possibly see if he can add any strength to the case.

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
It's not worth a pile. But it's one them things why should he get away with it

Would he rather I didn't move and maybe end up responsible for a fatality. If it was perhaps a older woman with no road savvy they may not have got out of the way.

to many people get away with things they shouldn't get away with. I suggest hiring some clown go burn out his farm

EDIT: this clearly means you're better off crashing into a vehicle instead of trying to avoid it

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Funny to think the police officer still has not managed to get a statement off me. Must be now 6 times failed to meet me. To get a statement to pursue for leaving the scene. Poor performance. I know they are under pressure though

Ant

RMS Regular
Funny to think the police officer still has not managed to get a statement off me. Must be now 6 times failed to meet me. To get a statement to pursue for leaving the scene. Poor performance. I know they are under pressure though

no harm but that would **** me right off, if he's arranging a time/place , like in any job you fcking show up, ok you might be late/have to reschedule now and again but 6times is a piss take.

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Constantly arranges to pop in. Never happens. Always seems to be something came up. Even there he said he will def be around on Wednesday evening between 5 and 7. Nout. And no call either. I expect another 'date' soon were I will be standing waiting.

johnm

RMS Regular
Not just land to the station? surely any officer could take it and pass it on if he's extracting the Michael!?
I'd even be tempted to ask for his direct reports number to talk to him about scheduling something in.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Not just land to the station? surely any officer could take it and pass it on if he's extracting the Michael!?
I'd even be tempted to ask for his direct reports number to talk to him about scheduling something in.

x2

This is a load of balls mate, get on to the Super! :p

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Got another chat with him. He has gave up and passed the job of collecting statement onto someone else lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.