RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
_133062349_bluecoat.png.webp

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Strange setup. I wonder if you park a few times does it keep adding holdings? Some may not have the available funds to work that way

"It works the same way when you go to a hotel you leave your credit card with a holding fee. You will only actually get charged for the time that you park, but it could be seven days before you get that money back.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Strange setup. I wonder if you park a few times does it keep adding holdings? Some may not have the available funds to work that way

"It works the same way when you go to a hotel you leave your credit card with a holding fee. You will only actually get charged for the time that you park, but it could be seven days before you get that money back.
Think it does. I've parked twice recently and still have a random amount "pending" even though its already taken the two actual amounts. Its a bit annoying having to keep an eye on it being paid back.

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Hopefully JustPark works

DfI retains responsibility for regulating on-street parking in Northern Ireland and those parking attendants will still wear red coats. The JustPark app will also still be used for on-street parking.

The new contract will also see the introduction of a cashless parking system at some pay and display car park through a new app.
For example in the Mid Ulster District Council area, the Just Park app will be replaced by the RingGo app.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
2nd post. Penalty is still the same, just a new third party provider. However, I’d wonder why councils are allowed to tender for parking enforcement rather than it being supplied by DfI.
Because the off-street car parks are owned by councils. Where as roads and street parking are DFI.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Hopefully it doesn't turn into a situation like Edinburgh with private company traffic wardens, where there were stories going about of them trying to ticket silly things like bin lorries and even a cop car that had stopped on Princess St to deal with some bad uns.