BMW diagnostics Portrush??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

j2112

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F36
I'm currently in portrush on 'holiday' and have had some trouble with the car. I think there's low voltage in the battery and although I have the charger on it, I'm not convinced both/either are working properly? The other day coming back from coleraine I lost several functions and went into limp mode just as I got back to the caravan. Quick charge and no such issues since, nor faults stored, though I have only done short journeys and not turned the car off / parked up.
Anyway, I was hoping some diag may show underlying issues to allow me to decide if I can drive it back to Bangor tomorrow or just to get it lifted. Or even a battery meter just to check its charged. I think I may need to get the insurance to lift the caravan anyway, in case the stress of towing may be excessive in the circumstances.
Would any members in this area have access to either piece of kit please? I know it's a massive favour to ask, but worth a try! It's booked into GP at home on Tuesday to sort it out but I need to get it there! Ultimately the AA can come and get me if I break down I suppose, though I'd rather not spend an hour at the side of the road waiting if possible.
It's an E60 525d if that makes any difference.
Cheers.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Halfords as a last resort for free battery check.

j2112

RMS Regular
OP
j2112
Drives
BMW F36
Turned out the fan belt was loose, and decided to remove itself on the way home!
Blaming that for everything :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.