Brilliant Black 2009 Audi A3 S-Line Sportback Black Edition 1.8TFSI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes, those are the facelift rears.

Absolutely stunning looking. I've been looking at Quattro S-tronics for the wife.

Did you ever order the mic?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Smart looking little car and I actually prefer the sportback to the 3dr, looks like a little mini avant lol

Some of our pics :grinning:

FB_IMG_1464775708307.jpg
FB_IMG_1464775712640.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
- Reg plate - have my eye on an AEZ plate but will see

You are a plonker!!

Yeah saw it up for auction but Clare isn't interested in it.
Wat?!!
Does she know you have AEZ90?!
I'll keep an eye on it @Lyons
I honestly think you'd be mental not to, even for the future if you were ever to get a toy etc.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
I know @Lyons, sleepless nights at the minute - AEZ 95 is up for sale on usedcarsni and I have been in touch about it but they are looking too much when you include all the charges which they don't list on the page

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Minor update but nothing major.

My wife's first car had OBZ 5151 on it and she retained it for her new Micra. The thought of a 2 digit plate never appealed to her so we got OBZ put on the A3. 100% looks better than the standard font english reg.

Been on the hunt for a RNSE for the car. Picked up a bluetooth module a few months ago but have been reluctant to fit it until I found the right unit.

Randomly, @Darren91 sent me a pm saying he was putting his up for sale. A 2014 unit with black facia surround which would tie in with the A3's black edition.

Picked it up this morning and hope to get it installed tomorrow night - thanks buddy!

RNSE.jpg

Next on the list is to order a mic for the bluetooth which will be done tomorrow and hopefully install within the next couple of weeks.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Minor update but nothing major.

My wife's first car had OBZ 5151 on it and she retained it for her new Micra. The thought of a 2 digit plate never appealed to her so we got OBZ put on the A3. 100% looks better than the standard font english reg.

Been on the hunt for a RNSE for the car. Picked up a bluetooth module a few months ago but have been reluctant to fit it until I found the right unit.

Randomly, @Darren91 sent me a pm saying he was putting his up for sale. A 2014 unit with black facia surround which would tie in with the A3's black edition.

Picked it up this morning and hope to get it installed tomorrow night - thanks buddy!

View attachment 121786

Next on the list is to order a mic for the bluetooth which will be done tomorrow and hopefully install within the next couple of weeks.

Great set up!

Can these be retrofitted with original Bluetooth? Although my main aim is upgrade to DAB which I am guessing isn't included on the RNSE.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
AFAIK you can hook it up to the bluetooth - her car didnt come with nav or phone so installing both.

Strangely the RNSE never came with DAB but a DAB unit can be fitted aftermarket and run along with the OEM system. Pretty sure Audio Advice provide this service.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
As with most A3/Golfs, over time their rear wiper starts to sag or get stuck in the 12pm position - this really grinds my gears when I see this on the road and its a very common thing to see. The wiper arm will fall and lie on the bootlid paint work :mad:

Anyway, I didn't let it get that far on the A3 as you can imagine :p

I personally wanted to de-rear wiper it but the wife said no (standard) so that got me thinking about what to do. If you are fussy, like me, the A3 rear wiper is quite cumbersome and low and behold the rear wiper from the new 8V A3 fits perfectly for the same cost

I have removed a number of rear wipers before but this was handy enough, 10-15mins had the job done and looks a lot sleeker than before IMO

IMG_6740.JPG

IMG_6739.JPG

Still have the RNSE and bluetooth to install but just need an afternoon or evening where the car is free!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Seen this somewhere yesterday, remember thinking it was a clean looking car.

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lisburn Road @amg306? Or Dundonald?

She works around Lisburn Road and we live in Dundonald

Thanks - I shall pass on the compliment!

Must have been Lisburn Road, can't remember where it was as I done too much driving yesterday! But I would have been on the Lisburn road around 2 or so.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Can you not dismantle the wiper housing?

Rear wiper failed on my Focus a while back & we opened it up, got the mechanism working & fired a load of grease around it and it has worked perfectly since.

Worth a try on the one you just removed.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
Happened on my A6 too. I had to buy a new wiper motor but to be honest it was an easy fix. Inside the boot lid there were a few plastic fixtures that just snapped off and gave access to the motor. 20mins and it was sorted

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
So my wife arrives home with a front flat tyre :mad:

Of course, you know yourself, its my fault lol figure that one out.

Anyway, easy job, jack the car up slightly, remove bolt covers, loosen the bolts, spare on, job done.

Eh, nah!

Would these move? Not a mission, not even with my extendable bar which I eventually broke. Felt like a never ending deadlift. How on earth would she, or anyone for that matter be able to remove the tyre from the roadside with the piddly OEM wheel brace!

Anyhow, had to call in the calvary that is @Cro who came and saved the day as usual. He will admit they were solid but persevered and got them off.

Lesson here - obtain the correct tools and check bolt tightness when the car comes back from a garage!

Hopefully the tyre isn't wrecked on the inside with her driving on it :confounded:

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Just to vent some frustration that some garages buzz the life out of the wheel bolts making it next to impossible to get the wheel off plus also how VAG provide the owner with a tiny wheel brace with minimal leverage.

I will be purchasing 2 very sturdy wheel braces this weekend, one for each car just in case it happens again.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.