BTCC 2016 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
  • Brands Hatch Indy . Qualifying results .

1. Tom Ingram Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis 47.990 seconds
    2. Gordon Shedden Halfords Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Type-R 48.053 seconds
    3. Matt Neal Halfords Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Type-R 48.101 seconds
    4. Sam Tordoff Team JCT600 with GardX BMW 125i M Sport 48.102 seconds
    5. Ashley Sutton MG Racing RCIB Insurance MG6 GT 48.131 seconds
    6. Josh Cook MG Racing RCIB Insurance MG6 GT 48.329 seconds
    7. Adam Morgan WIX Racing Mercedes Benz A-Class 48.358 seconds
    8. Jack Goff Team IHG Rewards Club BMW 125i M Sport 48.381 seconds
    9. Mat Jackson Motorbase Performance Ford Focus 48.396 seconds
    10. Aron Smith BKR Volkswagen CC 48.442 seconds

11. Colin Turkington Subaru Team BMR Subaru Levorg GT 48.453 seconds
    12. Rob Collard Team JCT600 with GardX BMW 125i M Sport 48.473 seconds
    13. Jeff Smith Eurotech Racing Honda Civic Type-R 48.516 seconds
    14. Andrew Jordan Motorbase Performance Ford Focus 48.559 seconds
    15. Rob Austin Handy Motorsport Toyota Avensis 48.614 seconds
    16. Martin Depper Eurotech Racing Honda Civic Type-R 48.620 seconds
    17. Aiden Moffat Laser Tools Racing Mercedes Benz A-Class 48.663 seconds
    18. Andy Neate Halfords Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Type-R 48.673 seconds
    19. Jake Hill RCIB Insurance Racing Toyota Avensis 48.848 seconds
    20. Ollie Jackson AmD Tuning Audi S3 48.804 seconds

21. Hunter Abbott Power Maxed Racing Chevrolet Cruze 48.892 seconds
    22. Alex Martin Dextra Racing with Team Parker Ford Focus 48.952 seconds
    23. Jason Plato Subaru Team BMR Subaru Levorg GT 49.065 seconds
    24. Matt Simpson Speedworks Motorsport Honda Civic Type-R 49.078 seconds
    25. Daniel Welch Goodestone Racing Proton Persona 49.171 seconds
    26. Mike Epps RCIB Insurance Racing Toyota Avensis 49.242 seconds
    27. Warren Scott Subaru Team BMR Subaru Levorg GT 49.318 seconds
    28. Chris Smiley TLC Racing Toyota Avensis 49.328 seconds
    29. James Cole Subaru Team BMR Subaru Levorg GT 49.403 seconds
    30. Stewart Lines Maximum Motorsport Ford Focus 49.992 seconds
    31. Mark Howard BKR Volkswagen CC 50.119 seconds
    32. Kelvin Fletcher Power Maxed Racing Chevrolet Cruze 50.568 seconds

Reactions: dub

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
So excited I could fart...

Jeremy-Renner.gif

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
First race of round 1 has just started on ITV4 for anybody interested.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was out this morning so just starting to watch now, have it recording so 1h45mins behind. No adverts for us :p

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Yo ! Andy Neate . .take your money and F&<k rite off !

Honda down to two as Andy Neate departs

The Halfords Yuasa Racing team is to revert to a two-car outfit with immediate effect after announcing that Andy Neate is to leave after just one round of the 2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season.

Neate joined the team for his return to the series this year but failed to score during the opening rounds of the campaign at Brands Hatch earlier this month.

On the eve of this weekend’s meeting at Donington Park, series organisers TOCA have confirmed that the Team Dynamics-run squad has elected withdraw Neate’s car from the championship, with the TOCA BTCC Licence (TBL) that was being used to run it having been returned.

That licence is now set to be reallocated to another team in time for the third meeting of the year at Thruxton.

“Halfords Yuasa Racing will be a two-car squad for the remainder of the 2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship, after ending its relationship with third driver Andy Neate with immediate effect,” a statement issued by the series read.

“Series organiser TOCA has been kept aware of developments throughout the process and has agreed to the withdrawal of the car from the remainder of the 2016 Championship, and has subsequently recalled the loaned TBL (TOCA BTCC Licence) associated with that entry.

“Halfords Yuasa Racing still holds two permanent TBLs, which are required for each entry to guarantee participation, whilst this third licence was loaned to the team prior to the 2016 season.

“This loaned TBL shall be re-allocated by TOCA from the next event (Thruxton) to another team/entry for the rest of the season – details of which will be announced in due course.”

Neate’s departure means 31 cars are set to content this weekend’s three races.

Tweet

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Very surprised there's no posts at all about the racing on Sunday.

Did most people not watch it?

Some cracking action in the clios and ginetta juniors

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Only seen the main events. Was great to see Collard take a win, definitely one of the most underrated drivers in the BTCC

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Very surprised there's no posts at all about the racing on Sunday.

Did most people not watch it?

Some cracking action in the clios and ginetta juniors
what channel is it on? and when? havent watchin touring cars in years

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Only seen the main events. Was great to see Collard take a win, definitely one of the most underrated drivers in the BTCC
Some of his passes were great.

I stop to watch f1 so had the btcc recorded, I was fast forwarding through the support races, but I was seen so much action in the ginetta juniors and clios I went back and watched them. There races were only about 10-15mins each.

2 clios ended up on there roof :p

what channel is it on? and when? havent watchin touring cars in years

Itv live on the Sundays of the event, coverage starts around 10.15 and goes on to near 6pm I think. If you watch it all your Sundays gone lol.

Event Calendars on www.btcc.net

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Great action in Race 1 at Thruxton, good to see Moffett doing so well in the Laser Tools Merc, shame he got a puncture!

Red flag incident kinda robbed us of an entertaining finish, but as the commentators said, in the hot conditions perhaps 16 laps is too much for the tyres to cope with!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Great first race. Shame the Subarus had to pull out before the race but wasn't worth the risk.

I also hate Matt Neal with a passion and would take great delight in another two DNFs for him!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, shame about the Subarus. Could have done with the track time for sure to get the package together.

Got a bit random with the tyre issues, lol, BTCC at its best :laughing:

Not a fan of Neal either, but would not go as far as "hate", a strong word that ;) A lot of the antics this time were just way out of line, he had no chance with all the ballast any way, absolutely no point taking people out like that. But like Plato, he seems to be untouchable.

By the way, is it just me or are most of the drivers now really just wee kids, lol? I really am getting old :-# :innocent:

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Neal was well out of line blaming everyone behind him for making him keep pushing and getting a puncture. Why on earth did he think of rejoining the track to get to the pits. Even the commentators thought he was checking if Cook was ok, and instead he was giving him abuse lol

Awesome first race though!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Been very quiet here, lol :grinning:

Just caught up with the Oulton Park race. Love that circuit, great to drive, but looks hard to pass on?

Anyway, was a brilliant race. Great to see Turkington and the Subarus right up there, car just keeps getting better.

Felt sorry for Rob in the second race, to get punted off like that, so unlucky. Compared to Matt Neal who pretty much crashed into every other car on the circuit in that race without suffering at all... Oh cruel fate...

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Plato did his fair share of punting, but no one seems to have noticed.

Really felt for Shedden in the final race, really bad luck. I was expecting a very processional race (Oulton is notoriously tricky to pass on) but all the races were top notch even with the lack of overtaking.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Plato is on strike 2 now apparently, however Plato always seems to be on strike 2 lol. He is the master of adverstisement with his victory lap alongside Turkington, rather liked that.

Good days racing, but as said poor Collard. Up to that he was flying through the grid.

Is anybody on the Fantasy drivers league this year?

I forgot and signed up 2 races late and sitting in 921st under the team name UlstersaysGo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.