Cairncastle hillclimb - Incar GoPro

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Chris showed me a video of yours running Phil, sure looks quick but the sound of the gravel hitting the car is awful :worried:. Tried to get an idea of speeds on the hill but tough to tell from the speedo. What sort of speed you reach up Cairncastle as it looks very quick in parts.

PhilM

RMS Regular
OP
PhilM
I'm not sure man, 100 ish I'd guess. Maybe less. I do get up into 4th but only just to run through the few bends up to the tightish left so not really squeezing her on that hard.

Seen your Megane today I was in picking up a gearbox I'd left at my back side - looked swell !!

Phil

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Definitely goes well! Great figures you guys are getting too from speaking to Chris and I'm sure it's a hoot on the hill climbs lll

Thanks bud, had the coilovers put in yesterday very pleased with how it sits now!

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
Wee starlet, was going well (y) I couldn't believe the amount of wheelspin!
I just thought Id post this to give an idea of Mr heaney's speed up the hill in a 1.7 Puma in the wet, its the only video i could find with a speed lol Facebook link...

Last edited:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Chris showed me a video of yours running Phil, sure looks quick but the sound of the gravel hitting the car is awful :worried:. Tried to get an idea of speeds on the hill but tough to tell from the speedo. What sort of speed you reach up Cairncastle as it looks very quick in parts.

I posted an overlay on one of my videos with speeds on the previous page, and if you check out Gerard OConnells in car videos you can see his dash which includes speed.

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
just seen that, oops my bad, so your wee GPS jobbie on the roof was water proof? lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The one on roof was the antenna for the VBox, seems to be waterproof ok, although it was the dash GPS that was inside the car that was used for recording the data on the video.
It's only inside as cable wasnt long enough to reach the roof lol.

GOC's, speed is on right side of his dash around the middle.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.