Can anyone recommend a black plastic restorer?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I need a good quality black plastic colour restorer? Its for the arches on my wifes mini.
Thanks

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Auto smart do a product thats like a varnish forget the name of it but have it in work can check for you tomorrow
Used it on all the black bits and grey, brings plastics up like new, even if they are uv faded

j2112

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F36
Heat can often be the best thing to restore plastic.

I've heard that before, but too scared to try it!
I always used AG bumper gel. I have some if you want to try it? And I've a new, unused bottle I'll be selling soon too.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Heat gun on black plastic thats turned grey really works , but it goes grey again after a while. Might be worth heating first , then maintain with product.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
No , it works on black plastic that's dried out and turned grey , shouldn't need it if it's new.
I have and old bottle of Carplan Black Trim Wax. It must be about 10 years old but seems good (its like boot polish in paste form) so I'm sure there's something similar and probably better on the market.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
A shoe shine sponge. Honestly, I would never have believed it myself until I tried it on the faded black (was grey) trim on my wing mirrors. I did it about 2 months ago and they're still black. I need to do my scuttle panel as it's grey too, will post some pics when I do it.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
A shoe shine sponge. Honestly, I would never have believed it myself until I tried it on the faded black (was grey) trim on my wing mirrors. I did it about 2 months ago and they're still black. I need to do my scuttle panel as it's grey too, will post some pics when I do it.

Does it not wash off over time?

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Peanut butter supposed to be really good for this

Seconded, get the Sunpat out and try it before you spend money. It really does work. My old Octavia

PhotoGrid_1372540061563_zps8ec19dc9.jpg

gribby1

RMS Regular
Drives
vauxhall vectra
Seconded, get the Sunpat out and try it before you spend money. It really does work. My old Octavia

PhotoGrid_1372540061563_zps8ec19dc9.jpg
Yeah oils in the peanut butter bring back the black use the smooth type though lol for the sake of a quid why not try it

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Just got some Black WOW off eBay ... thanks for the heads up on it!

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Does it not wash off over time?

Well it doesn't seem to have done in the weeks since I did the mirrors. Next time I wash the car I'll do the scuttle panel with it and show you the difference. It was just a shoe shine sponge I used, not one specifically for black. There's no dye or anything in it.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
there's a guy round the corner from me does a bit of plastic restoration, welding and the like.

He's white though............... sorry, i'll get me coat :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.