Carports ??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
14m long! ill be getting one built in the spring approx 4.5 x 4.5m same set up as you with gable at side and tied into a double skin fence at the other side and rear....i'm hoping £1k will cover it.

something like this and will consider a front with roller door down the line.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Probably be a bit less maybe more 10-12 just depends where the garage ends up and just thinking if I go a bit wider could use an existing supporting wall and negate steel supports

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Are you planning on doing some of the work yourself to bring cost down, The wood will probably be the dearest part.
I think I will clad the inside of mine as well along the existing fences to make it more weather/wind proof as its always windy as fook were we live, not good for washing/working on cars.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Nah I plan on making tea and bringing biscuits to the lucky sod that erects it lol was hoping £1k to £1500 would cover it

With the gable and other supporting wall, garage st one end and eventually gates or a front on the other it should hopefully fair well in the weather

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That length I would hazard a guess at the price will be at least double your estimate of 1500

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I would think so too, building materials alone x 3 roughly.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Can't see it being done for that money,a lot would depend on what materials though,up to you but I went for metal rather than wood,should last longer and less maintenance

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
Wood is a good job but I've seen so many of these been put up and some of the best ones are flat upvc roofs of a conservatory they are light and let in lots of light and relatively maintaince free, all you need is a Stanction every 4 feet which can be wooden posts or steel posts with feet on the bottom. I'd go for timber then you can clad the sides/ends at later date. Spending any more than 1.5k I'd build the sucker full load of blocks is £440 that would go a brave distance

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Not the best pic but left wall is a retaining wall and is being reinforced and will be boxed in and rendered around each support so would be perfect for supporting and securing the roof then leaning over to the gable of the house

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Buy Norfolk Greenhouses Standard Carport at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Garages.
2748645_R_Z001A_UC17622137

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
I think they wouldn't be as loud as tin. Anything thin is going to make noise I have a tin and Perspex roofed garage and it sounds like a heard of bulls on the roof with a seagull after a bit of bread

Astroid

RMS Regular
Drives
Rb5 and c4
@ mook, what's the crack with steel beams you not drill and fix a few ledgers across and there's your perfect Stanction for holding your roof.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
I think they wouldn't be as loud as tin. Anything thin is going to make noise I have a tin and Perspex roofed garage and it sounds like a heard of bulls on the roof with a seagull after a bit of bread

All depends what you have on it,I put the double skinned stuff on mine (same as a conservatory) you hear the rain yes but not as loud as tin or the cheap Perspex,at the end of the day it's a carport no one will be living in it lol

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Yes similar to that
I got mine of comco plastics in Belfast
There's a site member on here who works there,can't remember the username though

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
@ mook, what's the crack with steel beams you not drill and fix a few ledgers across and there's your perfect Stanction for holding your roof.

Yeah the beams will be boxed in and rendered like the one at the very back of the photo so will provide a sturdy platform hopefully

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Its just one I'm considering would be quite near my parents bedroom and I can't deal with the earache.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.