Drives
Pure Soul
New Smart Brabus. 428hp!

1699980676784.png

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Eco sport is a tall fiesta basically. My parents have one in st line guise and I found the ride very bouncy and fidgety I didn’t like driving it. The facelifted one.

It goes ok with the 140 bhp eco boost but I didn’t like it at all.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Working with 2 South African lads here and we've been going through their Gumtree and Facebook marketplace, some great cheap cars they have.

Got talking about stuff they get that we don't and vice versa, never knew there was a Golf R based on this shape Golf which they also sold up until 2007 or so. Apparently very hard to get now, most in collections there.

vw-citi-r-6.jpg

Also discussed the Astra 200TS which is class, turbo GSI basically

stefan-kotze-speedhunters-opel-ts-026-1200x800.jpg

Which replaced their version of the Astra GTE which they called the Superboss

fb0696bdcbc54c5ca8cd185ae89a8d56.jpg

So many others as well, would love to ship a few home in a container

Paul.

RMS Regular
South Africans also have class accents, but here's another oddball model from the present. The Peugeot Landtrek. I have no idea why the one in the picture is disgracefully filthy, but it's actually a badge engineered Chinese pick-up, the Changan K70.

Peugeot_Landtrek_01.jpg

Go to Mexico and you can buy a Fiat Titano.

71d1db1431ad1b3d1a2e907d01dd199f991d6145.jpeg

(They look the same because they are the same.)

RCT

RMS Regular
South Africans also have class accents, but here's another oddball model from the present. The Peugeot Landtrek. I have no idea why the one in the picture is disgracefully filthy, but it's actually a badge engineered Chinese pick-up, the Changan K70.

Peugeot_Landtrek_01.jpg

Go to Mexico and you can buy a Fiat Titano.

71d1db1431ad1b3d1a2e907d01dd199f991d6145.jpeg

(They look the same because they are the same.)
Think they’re a rebadged Hilux and been about a while. Toyota Hilux’s are built in Africa anyhow, you can tell with the start of the chassi numbers.
Stellantis - (Opel /vauxhall /fiat/ dodge/ peugeot/citroen/ Alfa/jeep and probably more…) and Toyota have a joint venture with the vans/commercial range.

Paul.

RMS Regular
Think they’re a rebadged Hilux and been about a while. Toyota Hilux’s are built in Africa anyhow, you can tell with the start of the chassi numbers.
Stellantis - (Opel /vauxhall /fiat/ dodge/ peugeot/citroen/ Alfa/jeep and probably more…) and Toyota have a joint venture with the vans/commercial range.
Thinking now about how Alfa Romeo is part of Stellantis, is anyone else struck by how cool an Alfa variant of the Peugeot Partner / Citroen Berlingo could be? I suppose a Lancia version would also be cool in a weird kind of way. 🤔

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's not the only one. From memory there is an AMG Mitsubishi as well, maybe more.

Back then AMG were just a tuning house and took work where they got it. Did a couple of things in Japan and elsewhere.

The headline is misleading though, there was no involvement from Mercedes. Just an AMG project.

RCT

RMS Regular
Audi where mid development of mid engined group B rally car when the series got cancelled and audi ordered the car be destroyed

View attachment 422724View attachment 422725View attachment 422726View attachment 422727View attachment 422728View attachment 422729View attachment 422730
Dave Rowe from EPS is actually building one of these Group S Quattros at the moment. He has it documented on his you tube channel. He’s very down to earth guy and has done some great work for my dad over the years.

I’m sure you’ll want to watch it.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

Gambit

RMS Regular
I've seen the Group S prototype at a museum in Germany. Is it the same car just with a quattro square front?

Not the same I don't think. They even mention the mid engine sport quattro at 6.12 in that video 👍
Dave Rowe from EPS is actually building one of these Group S Quattros at the moment. He has it documented on his you tube channel. He’s very down to earth guy and has done some great work for my dad over the years.

I’m sure you’ll want to watch it.

Yeah that's basically what I stumbled across on Facebook his rebuild so have that on the list to watch 😃