Ceebl’s C2 VTS Loeb

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I have had an itch for a track car for a while and anyone that knows me knows I love a hot hatch… plan was to buy a civic next year but seen this in the classified and couldn’t resist a run to see it.
It’s quite tidy and I feel I got it for a good price.
Winter plans are:
•Drive it about for a bit to shake it down/try not to put it in any B road’s hedges.
•Full service and belts done
•There is a whine from the belts too so might need a tensioner or alternator too.
•Non Chinese tyres.
•Wheel alignment.
•Track day ready in the spring.

Eventually I’d like to strip the interior and get some good seats for it but for now it has isofix so I can bring my 3yo out with me who loves it.

Had only got it home and was already cobbling together an induction kit from bits in the shed to let the noise out. Just waiting on a silicone elbow for it now then I can make a proper bracket.

DED5B8EB-0F29-4D64-B255-12926F4DA542.jpeg
IMG_0076.jpeg IMG_0071.jpeg IMG_0118.jpeg IMG_0119.jpeg IMG_0125.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 0

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Friend had a C2 VTR sensodrive.... unfortunately the car met a bad end near Whinney Hill, and got rolled. :neutral:

Seemed like a lot of fun, while the rest of us were driving 1.2 8v clios and the like, lol

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Friend had a C2 VTR sensodrive.... unfortunately the car met a bad end near Whinney Hill, and got rolled. :neutral:

Seemed like a lot of fun, while the rest of us were driving 1.2 8v clios and the like, lol
Good wee stretch of road to push your luck on

Reactions: dub

Mackers91

RMS Regular
I was talking myself out of buying this for the exact same thing for days 🤣 glad the temptation is gone now haha Health to steer sir!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I was talking myself out of buying this for the exact same thing for days 🤣 glad the temptation is gone now haha Health to steer sir!

See the Fiat seicento Schumacher on marketplace track ready?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Oooft. You'll have great fun with that. Simple, quality updates makes a massive difference and retains reliability. There's no doubting I've one of the slowest cars on track but have probably the biggest grin just laughing away as it bounces over kerbs on the limiter. Great craic. Looking forward to a tussle next year 😁

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Looks good, always liked the c2. Ive a twingo rs im working on atm. Cant beat small and cheap road/track fun

View attachment 419461
Let’s get these out together at kirki or somewhere for a comparison lol would love to see the 2 side by side…
Maybe convince @warren to buy one too while we are at it
Oooft. You'll have great fun with that. Simple, quality updates makes a massive difference and retains reliability. There's no doubting I've one of the slowest cars on track but have probably the biggest grin just laughing away as it bounces over kerbs on the limiter. Great craic. Looking forward to a tussle next year 😁
Yes certainly. This will get branded tyres and alignment, Mintex m1144 pads and sent to its first track day like that to see how it holds up!

No plans to chase power on this, will simply try to make it lighter/stickier if I crave more.
Maybe a short shifter in there as the forward aft throw is a bit long but it doesn’t bother me currently

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love this, glad you bought it lol.

Be good to get it round the track next year, I'll take the Saxo as well, be nice and evenly matched I'd think

cupraricky

RMS Regular
Looks good, always liked the c2. Ive a twingo rs im working on atm. Cant beat small and cheap road/track fun

View attachment 419461
Ohhh be interested in ur review on this, looked at these in the past for a tracker...
I have had an itch for a track car for a while and anyone that knows me knows I love a hot hatch… plan was to buy a civic next year but seen this in the classified and couldn’t resist a run to see it.
It’s quite tidy and I feel I got it for a good price.
Winter plans are:
•Drive it about for a bit to shake it down/try not to put it in any B road’s hedges.
•Full service and belts done
•There is a whine from the belts too so might need a tensioner or alternator too.
•Non Chinese tyres.
•Wheel alignment.
•Track day ready in the spring.

Eventually I’d like to strip the interior and get some good seats for it but for now it has isofix so I can bring my 3yo out with me who loves it.

Had only got it home and was already cobbling together an induction kit from bits in the shed to let the noise out. Just waiting on a silicone elbow for it now then I can make a proper bracket.

View attachment 419439View attachment 419432View attachment 419434View attachment 419435View attachment 419436View attachment 419438
HTD

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Love the C2, few of them doing Targa's etc and sounding healthy. (y)

See the Fiat seicento Schumacher on marketplace track ready?

That's a bit of me, I reckon one of them with an N/A 1400 out of a Panda 100hp on throttle bodies and cams etc would be a great autotest car. Needs a full cage though as they fold if they hit as much as a twig. 1.5 ncap stars.... 8o| Ask my son how I know, he's the one minus a left kneecap after a minor bump in one.

Last edited:

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Love the C2, few of them doing Targa's etc and sounding healthy. (y)

That's a bit of me, I reckon one of them with an N/A 1400 out of a Panda 100hp on throttle bodies and cams etc would be a great autotest car. Needs a full cage though as they fold if they hit as much as a twig. 1.5 ncap stars.... 8o| Ask my son how I know, he's the one minus a left kneecap after a minor bump in one.
Might need to add a cage to the to do list after the first year of track days if I’ve all the niggles sorted and am keeping it

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Ohhh be interested in ur review on this, looked at these in the past for a tracker...

HTD

Must say, i love it. Its cheap and cheerful, wouldnt be doing big miles in it, around town etc its grand. Its alot bigger inside than it looks from the outside. The closest thing i can compare it to is a 106 gti, that same feel and pace but with better handling. Id say, well setup coilovers and some 15’ rims with sticky tyres and nice low set bucket seats, your onto a winner.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
In particularly French fashion, she broke down the other day.
We thought it would be fun to see if we could fit our family of 4 in it for a small trip to visit my grandparents (it was funny). But by ballyclare I was heading back round the roundabout for home running on 2 cylinders with eml on!
I got a look at it that night and although my code reader was saying cam sensor phase fault, I quickly discovered that the French do their own P1xxx codes and what it actually seemed to be was a cylinder 1 misfire fault that had triggered limp.
I cleared it and the car was running ok, small drive though and straight into limp again, so it got dumped outside the house because I’d other things to be at the last few days!
Pulled the plugs yesterday to see if I could see anything as the coils are one solid lump so you can’t swap packs about between cylinders. I have never seen a set of plugs like it. One was clearly burnt down the ceramic as if it had been arcing inside the socket. One the insulator had split and dropped over the tip so it was firing inside the body of the plug rather than the tip (this wasn’t even the cylinder reporting misfire) and all the electrodes were burnt away with massive gaps.
Conveniently I had new plugs in the shed as I’d bought everything for a major service a week ago.
New plugs seem to have resolved it but given the state the plugs were in and the fact I’m convinced they’re probably 16 years old, I’ll not be driving it anymore until I get a chance to do all the belts, idlers, water pump etc which is the next planned task anyway.

Hopefully once I get the car a good service and a few bits done to my liking it will be more reliable for the abuse I have planned
IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0255.jpeg
IMG_0258.jpeg
IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_0259.jpeg
IMG_0262.jpeg
IMG_0263.jpeg
IMG_0261.jpeg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Amazing the neglect that some people lavish on their cars and then wonder when they give bother.
For sure, thankfully the engine still seems to run well so hopefully with a full service and a bit of love I can get some good reliability out of it

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Good job that the tip didn't break up and get eaten by the engine, close run / escape there.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Major service and belts done today. All went reasonably well and my mate with a nice warm shed and 2 post lift helped me!

Only downside observed is passenger sill from the rear jacking point back is a bit crumbly. Might get a price to fix. Might see if it fails mot for it in 6 months… who knows…

Next order of business will be drive it for a bit daily while I sort the Fabia out as it needs a few things done for MOT then it will be new tyres, alignment and decent front pads and it will be ready for its first outing.
Might try to make it to trackskills in Feb if I’m free on that date
IMG_0347.jpeg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Yokohama AD08RS showed up today. Have some EBC yellow stuff pads to throw in the front too (I know they’re not the best but I got them cheap enough and the car weighs nothing so will see how they hold up to a track day or two)

Will break the track rods loose when I fit the brake pads then drop her in for tyre fitting and alignment hopefully before 4th of Feb for trackskills first outing.

IMG_0534.jpeg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
OP
Ceebl
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
IMG_0545.jpeg

Pads installed last night. Spent far too long faffing at a track rod end with the blow torch and some oil but it just won’t budge so I’ll get a pair of new ones ordered at some stage. The alignment isn’t that bad so I’ll see how it feels with the new tyres on and then prioritise that after. Ideally it can wait a couple months til the evenings are a bit nicer to be working at cars outside.