civic speedo stopped working

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

iainbig

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
was driving the car and looked down noticed the mph was just sitting at 0 constantly, everything else working fine revs fuel etc. fault stored for speed sensor wondering if anyone else ever had this problem on a ek civic year 2000

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
my 2000 coupe had it when alternator died, ran a day without speedo thinking it's a fault and turned out electrics were fried and I was driving on battery!

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
speed sensor on gearbox . common problem , especially after cleaning engine bay as i found out once

iainbig

RMS Regular
OP
iainbig
Drives
Mx5
right well doing deliveries. after a hour of the speedo not working and driving around turned car of and went to turn it on again and was completely dead. jumped the car and drive it up to my dads on way up road the revs weren't working also found that fuse number 15 keeps blowing for the alternator and speed sensor. so im thinking it was maybe the alternator but just stumbled across this http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/x99-029e.pdf

iainbig

RMS Regular
OP
iainbig
Drives
Mx5
just wondering would a dodgy speed sensor cause the fuse to blow?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.