Classic Merc number 3 - s70 Amg :)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mcmullet-vtec

RMS Regular
Drives
08 m6 vert/07 qu
Well I got this a few weeks ago and have to say it's differently different...
Really got into the classic Mercs the past few years and had to have this. It's a 1997 mercedes s70 Amg with 60k Kms on it and is lhd.. The car was a special order hand built by Amg based on the s600 v12 lwb they made 112 of these. Lots of changes where made by Amg including the engine upgraded to a 7.0 v12 with 525bhp. Pagani later used the same unit for the Zonda in 2001 :grinning:
This particular car started off in japan then spent time in Dubai and was the actual car used in the mercedes world musem at brooklands for the past 4 or so years..
Piston heads done a review on it as well as many other websites and magazines and once registered here in uk I reckon should be the only one.
Only have a few pics but the car is in superb condition as below :grinning:
Can't wait to get it on the roads officially :grinning:
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 438

Saunts

RMS Regular
Nice to have a bit of history behind the car. Where did you manage to pick it up?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I am literally green with jealousy. Been fawning over this very car for years.

Trivia for the day - LHD cars are favoured by the Yakuza because of unbelievable costs associated with importing them into Japan. So it's a status thing to say "I'm worth a ****ing mint."

mcmullet-vtec

RMS Regular
OP
mcmullet-vtec
Drives
08 m6 vert/07 qu
Thanks for all the comments folks.. Yea can't wait to get it out and about still waiting on important documents arriving from Dubai.. Then all is sent to Swansea along with a cherished transfer god knows what fun that will be lol..

It's the sort of thing no one knows it actually exists because of the rarity, actually it's a four seater as well every extra you can imagine too, unreal for a 1997 car!

mcmullet-vtec

RMS Regular
OP
mcmullet-vtec
Drives
08 m6 vert/07 qu
I am literally green with jealousy. Been fawning over this very car for years.

Trivia for the day - LHD cars are favoured by the Yakuza because of unbelievable costs associated with importing them into Japan. So it's a status thing to say "I'm worth a ****ing mint."

Yep a true fact lhd In Japan is seen as way more respect than a rhd car of the same type :grinning: don't know how much this was when new but I remeber the s600 lwb was 100 grand new back in the 90s, apparantly one of it's previous owners was a member of Dubai royal family too!

mcmullet-vtec

RMS Regular
OP
mcmullet-vtec
Drives
08 m6 vert/07 qu
Don't know it looks way more than double glazed, the flyingspur's are both double glazed as is quattroporte but the windows in this thing are like nearly as think as ur thumb way different! So maybe??

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
You know I love my big barges Mark so its no surprise I absolutely love this thing. Looking forward to a good noisy round it :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.