Clio R27 - Albi Blue (UPDATE 10.04.2013)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jmax

RMS Regular
So here’s the story so far with my Albi Blue R27…

This is one of the images the Honda dealer in Liverpool had on their website while advertising the car.

1.JPG

I made the trip over to Liverpool to pick up my new motor at the start of December once a deal had been agreed in principle over the phone.

This is it while sitting in Holyhead (with little over 18,500 miles on the clock) while waiting for the boat back to Dublin (The easier route for us to cross the Irish sea).

2.jpg

In daylight at home the next day.

3.jpg

Shortly after arriving home I booked the car in to have the belts and water pump changed, as I knew this had not been done. I took it to Shelbourne motors as they were the best priced to do the work.

I’ve only had a couple of other problems with the car so far, the first one being what appears to be water marks on the stickers, but no matter what I do I can’t seem to shift them.

4.jpg

The second problem is the skin of the driver side Recaro is coming away around the bolster area. Again this hasn’t yet been sorted, but I’m sure it won’t be hard to do once I get around to it.

5.jpg

I ordered myself some Team Heko wind deflectors from JJ Automotive through eBay and they eventually arrived with me (after some messing about with Parcel Force) . When I opened them I was greeted with this…

6.jpg

7.jpg

I promptly got onto Jan from JJ Automotive and she agreed to send me out a replacement wind deflector free to charge.

Before
8.jpg

After
9.JPG

The Clio getting its Boxing day bath.

Before
10.jpg

After
11.JPG

At present I'm waiting to get the paper work back from the DVLNI to confirm my cherished plate has been transferred over, and a few other purchases to arrive in the post that will hopefully help to freshen the cat up.

The car currently has little over 19,000 miles on the clock and I can’t wait for the weather to pick up a bit so I can get to spend a bit more time cleaning and tidying up around it.

John

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Very nice! Great colour too.

Not a big fan of the wind deflectors but horses for courses and all that!

Enjoy!

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Tremendous car! Lovely colour, goes really well with the wheels and great with the recaros!! Health to drive!

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
UPDATE 05.01.2013

Yesterday I received one of my eBay purchases in the mail.

12.jpg

I’ve now fitted it to the car but I’m not 100% sure if I like it or not.

13.jpg

Today the postman brought yet more of my many purchases I made over the Christmas period. I was never a fan of the standard grey clio mats that came in the 197, I felt they always looked out of place and cheap compared to the rest of the car.

14.jpg

I had contemplated going for the silver 197 or yellow 200 Renault sport mats but I just couldn’t justify the near £50 price tag on them. When looking through eBay I stumbled across these Renault mats that are just plain black and I think they suit the car perfectly.

15.jpg

16.jpg

John

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
UPDATE 08.01.2013

Delivery of some detailing products from Elite Car Care. Meguiar's Tyre Dressing Applicator Pad and Valet PRO Soft Wash & Detailing Brushes for dressing the plastic grills on the F1.

17.jpg

John

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
UPDATE 09.01.2013
So this is what the postman brought in todays mail…
Time to get the car smelling nice with a choice of California Scents.
18.jpg

Which one to choose first?
John

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Looks cracking John. Had an Albi Blue R27 myself and loved it. Particularly loved the recaros and the cornering ability of these cars. Mine was number 495/500, so was pretty much one of the last of the production line. Health to enjoy and will keep a wee eye on your thread.

Keep an eye out for Renault Sport meets on the forum. Would like to get a race out in one again, so maybe see you at a meet.

Dave

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
UPDATE 11.01.2013

So today saw the postman bringing yet more goodies for the R27, this time in the form of LED’s to replace the interior, glove box, boot, splash and number plate lights.

25.jpg

I’ve fitted the interior and slash lights so far and I’m over the moon with them. Pictures to follow.

As you can see from the pictures below I have managed to reduce the white spots on the stickers. After plenty of searching someone suggested that I try and use Autoglym Fast Glass and a scrubbing brush on them. I tried this and then applied a cost of Auto Finesse Revive and all appears to be fine so far, so fingers crossed.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Today also saw me getting my new Pioneer DEH-X9500 Bluetooth head unit fitted.

Before
23.jpg

I decided to go for this head unit because it had the built in Bluetooth as I felt there was no where to really mount the Parrott 3200 Bluetooth kid I already owned that would look passable. As you can see I have also fitted the Megane surround, which is painted silver to match in with the surround on the climate control.

After
24.jpg

Also the paperwork finally came through allowing me to put my cherished plate onto the R27, I think you’ll agree it looks great on the car.

19.jpg

20.jpg

I’d love to hear what you think of everything I’ve done to the car so far, and also if you have any questions please feel free to ask away.

John

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
UPDATE 12.01.2013
Today saw the postman bringing yet another delivery for the Clio (yes I am struggling to keep track of everything I’ve bought for it). This time he brought with him black wheel nuts.
26.jpg

I’m not sure what to do about the lock nut. I know McGard do a black lock nut, but I really don’t want to pay the stupid amount their wanting for them.
John

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
UPDATE 13.01.2013
This morning saw me making a trip to somewhere I absolutely hate, Halfords. But it was a trip that had to be made; as I had to buy myself new mini blade fuses so I can replace the one that had blown while changing the number plate lights.
28.jpg

Always a nice way to start of a Sunday morning.
John

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
Thanks for the kind feedback so far guys.

Keep an eye out for Renault Sport meets on the forum. Would like to get a race out in one again, so maybe see you at a meet.

Yea I'm on a couple of the clio forums too so will probably pick them up there first.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
BMW have a black plastoic cover for lock nuts that sit inside the recess for the locker and cover the outside, may be worth looking into. Yes it might have an embossed BMW logo, but this could be easily shaved off.

Lovely Car though. Still have a hankering for a 197 Cup in white with black speedlines

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Lovely clio this.....health to drive!

Swap the aerial for a c2 vts one? It's a bit shorter than the Honda one.

Oh and try the cherry air freshener first....awesome.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Gorgeous John, I really fancy one of these at the moment but struggling to find anything nice over here!

Jmax

RMS Regular
OP
Jmax
Thanks again for the kind comments.

Back to your frog roots Jmax :p

Looks well sir (y)

You always knew there was a chance of it ;)

Swap the aerial for a c2 vts one? It's a bit shorter than the Honda one.
Don't want shorter. I might even put the original one back on.

Gorgeous John, I really fancy one of these at the moment but struggling to find anything nice over here!

Agreed, which is why I went to England for mine. They are making stupid money with high milage both here and across the water.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.