Colin McRae...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
5 August 1968 – 15 September 2007

Three years gone, but never forgotten...

following is a very moving tribute to one of three hero's in my life :worried:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfjob98A0OY]YouTube - Colin Mcrae Tribute - By Antti[/ame]

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
This photo was taken by myself at WRC Spain a month after Colin passed, it was French spectators that had it perched at the side of the stage and sums his career up just beautifully

IMG_2695.JPG

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
'He didn't do second place, he either came first, or else was sitting at the side of the road somewhere'

So hard to believe its already been 3 years. I have the DVD that Duke were filming the year he died, ive watched it many times but never gets any easier :worried:

Ive just started building a 1/24 scale model of his 1998 WRC Subaru Impreza, the last year he raced with Subaru, and personally my favourite shape of the Impreza. I know there will be a few sleepless nights put in to building it but ive always wanted a model of it and i think when you've built it yourself it means more.

If in doubt, flat out!

RIP Colin.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
I still maintain that Colin was the most spectacular driver ever

R.I.P Colin, doesn't seem like 3 years

geoffo

RMS Regular
Drives
bmx
he made me smile, still fly my r.i.p. colin sticker on my scoob with pride - tough times for his family im sure.

geoffo.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
3 years already, where does the time go. Colin was and always will be an absolute legend

CarbonKa

RMS Regular
Drives
potential moneyp
3 years we've been poorer for the loss of one of motorsports best and most spectacular ambassadors.
RIP, gone but never forgotten.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
the best rally driver the planet will ever see.

I was sitting on Knockalla '06 when he was in the 6R4.

incredible

R.I.P.

Bilal

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla Y
3 Years flip time flys really quick, Miss watching him a lot when im following the wrc. RIP

Richard Burns is another I think about a lot and miss watching on the wrc, passed away 5 years this Nov due to a tumour. He was only 34 too, still pretty young. RIP

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
just seen this on NG's facebook and thought it was worth a post:

60562_151667954855766_100000376869336_323899_3561231_n.jpg

36735_126722524032516_116170635087705_139126_7518779_n.jpg

banzai g

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3/K7gsxr 10
The man was simply Outstanding !!!!!!
I still get goosebumps watching his incar footage , only one word 'Awesome'
No one will ever get close to what Colin was.
Rallying has never been the same for me .:worried:

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Wow great video Graham, the tears were rolling down my face after about a minute as that brought back so many good memories, Colin and Richard Burns were my two rallying hero's, the sport will never be the same without them, RIP!

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
Dont think i will ever get bored of watching all the mc rae videos, such a sad loss and to think its been 3 years already.

beefo

RMS Regular
Was that a flappy paddle in that mk2? the gearstick seemed to be changing itself!!
RIP colin mcrae, probably one of the main reasons i love impreza's soo much (but cant afford one!!)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.