Conor's Ibiza Cupra R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
car is now on gumtree for sale for anyone who's interested! :confounded:

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Tell me about it mate, due to change in circumstances I'm off to OZ, quite quickly so I want to get the car sold well in advance, like I said if I had the money to keep it I really would its a fantastic little car. Still working on it today though, fitting a cupra R splitter, Oil change, new spark plugs & removing the SIA & doing n249 bypass. also gave the brembos a clean and a few coats of lacquer to bring the colour out a bit again. If I get time before dark I'll be giving all the arches etc a clean while its up on stands! been a busy day!

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Bit of a revival! Basically I couldn't get the money I was after for the cupra - just constant time wasters offering swops for boats and all sorts! It is still sitting covered up back home, I'm due back from Oz for 6 weeks at Christmas so I've started purchasing bits and pieces for the car already. Obviously the main plan is get it through the mot immediately, then hopefully build the spec up a bit for a trip to the nurbergring at some stage next year.

Pic of the car just before I left:

So far I've bought:
Front and rear strut braces
Forge strut covers
Forge dump valve coldside relocation kit
Rear bumper as mine has a crack In it
Audi s3 inlet manifold trim
Weitec adjustable coilovers
Nomad single pillar boost gauge
Powerflex front strut top mounts
ECS magnetic sump plug
Neuspeed 82 deg thermostat
Vibratecnics gearbox and engine mounts
Custom rear polyutherane top mount bushes

Hopefully before Christmas ill have:
Forge tip
Carbon Parts
Suede/ Alcantara roof lining and pillars
Re-route intercooler pipe work & hoses
New disks and pads all round
Bolt down coil packs
Goodridge braided hoses
Bigger down pipe and sports Cat
15/20 mm spacers for rear
wheel alignment & full service

Also all being well I'd like to get a k03s and supporting mods too :grinning:
Ill use this to keep track of what I've bought... Any suggestions for parts I may have missed would be great, and on the very slim chance anyone knows of someone breaking a cupra or selling bits please let me know!

Last edited:

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
A few more items purchased lately and added to the list... It's growing rapidly, wheels, brakes and downpipe next!

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
picked these up at a reasonable price - should be arriving in the next week or so...
BBS CH replicas 17", not sure about black so I'll see how they look but may go back to silver!
a9y7eqap.jpg

8uzusaja.jpg

gy2yrupa.jpg

DSCF7689.jpg

DSCF7726.jpg

sam_9n

RMS Regular
I might have a forge TIP for sale soon. Off a 1.8t polo but near sure it's same fitment. Sure this will be a wee sleeper when you get the plans done :grinning:

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Thanks mate, yea I'm not sure if it'll fit either to be honest, will look into it though! What colour is it? Yea it should go well, apparently its been mapped to 220bhp now but no proof. With a k03s and the rest I've got planned 240-250bhp should be easily achievable :grinning:

sam_9n

RMS Regular
It's black dude. The Ibiza (FR shape) one fits the polo. I've made my own TIP so you can even try it one day just to see.

Who's doing your mapping? The polos come standard with ko3s and that turbo would be maxed at 240ish going from a few friends experience. I'll be sending my ko3s to beach buggy turbos for the hybrid conversion. I'll run 280hp for about 6 months then sell the turbo on. I'd find a cheap ko3 needing rebuilt and spend £550 on hybrid stuff and aim for 280 :p you'd only really need bigger injectors and maybe 4 bar fuel pump?

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Yea if I went hybrid I'd need to update the rods unfortunately, I don't really want to get into engine rebuild territory just yet!! Pretty sure I've seen quite a few Cupras running k03s over 240bhp from what I remember, would be happy with that for now tbh, in a year or 2 if I still had it ill buy a big spec cupra, break the parts I want and sell the rest :grinning:

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Also yea I'd be keen to give that tip a try let me know when u come to sell!

sam_9n

RMS Regular
No problem! Let me know when you're doing the n249 delete. I've a few resistors lying about that should sort the warning light that pops up eventually

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Done already mate :grinning: still have a forge blanking plate to go on the Sai too so may need resistors for that I think!

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
More shopping done! Custom 3" downpipe & sports cat, Forge Turbo intake pipe, Millers oil & new filter, Alcantara fabric for headlining and pillars, and some more detailing products.. Just need the rest of my service parts and new brake disks on rear and pads all round. work commences in just over a week when I get back home!

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
So I finally got my car back on the road, before the mot I fitted weitec coilovers, front and rear polybush top mounts, new disks and pads and serviced. It failed on a few minor issues so replaced both tie rod ends and a few other bits and passed a few days later. I've since fitted rear strut brace, custom carbon inlet manifold trim.
I've been working on the car plenty, not too many pictures but here's what I'm working on at the moment :grinning:
4F34DCDC-0E65-49C2-BB2B-745159CA452E-1621-000002D3B53CC5FC_zpsf608f391.jpg

482F00F2-5BA1-4D1C-8C00-4F26931EB627-1621-000002D39E8C86A2_zpsf69ee86f.jpg

Also working on a few carbon parts:
Nomad Boost gauge pillar pod
33A6C0B4-59A5-40E4-9865-637BFBBDDF6C-1621-000002D3BCB9B8B3_zpsd067ed15.jpg

And finally a carbon skinned strut brace..
B84CB27A-D235-4F84-8934-C1CC195FA948-1621-000002D3C4DE25CA_zps9126fc69.jpg

A9964F15-D675-4A8C-9D33-940D0DB03C79-1621-000002D3CBB83346_zps76c9514e.jpg

More pics to come.. C&c welcome

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Great progress. Saw you on Boucher Road a couple of weeks back, car looks fantastic in the flesh. Always liked these cars

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Thanks mate, that would have been me going to or from the mot test! The cars still sitting a little high at the rear so that's another thing to be done, not 100% happy with the way it looks at the moment but works coming along rightly

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
So I've been very busy with the car lately, heres a list of what I've done:
Carbon coated mirror caps
Carbon front upper strut brace
Carbon nomad pillar gauge
carbon S3 inlet manifold trim
Stainless rear strut brace
fitted forge Turbo intake pipe (what a b***h of a job)
new red silicone elbow for BMC CDA
retrimmed all interior pillars and headlining in medium grey suede
Finished painting the BBS wheels and got those fitted
Adjusted the ride height and lowered it a bit more
fited my new internal drive black wheel bolts
Fitted 20mm rear spacers today & painted the central part of my rear disks black as they weren't looking very nice!
got my wheels aligned

Unfortunately not many pics of the progress, simply because the weather has been terrible and I've been trying to get finished as quickly as possible, though I will give the car a good clean tomorrow and hopefully get some snaps.

engine bay before:

engine bay after, wish the forge tip was red, but I got this one at a bargain price, also fitted forge strut covers.

Carbon strut brace close up (really pleased with how it turned out)

inlet manifold trim close up

boost gauge pillar pod in carbon and retrim

spacers and central areas of the brake disks painted and fitted

and the rear wheels spaced, sorry for the dark photo, almost wish I went for 30mm but I'll see how they look tomorrow in the daylight

loads still to do, tidy the engine bay and remove the carbon cannister & SAI
fit dump valve coldside relocation kit
re-route intercooler pipework from the inlet manifold to the intercooler as some standard pipework is still being used
Skin some more carbon bits - the speedo surround and a few other parts
Change various engine bay pipes to red silicone hoses
fit engine & gearbox mounts
polish inlet manifold
remove bonnet sound proofing
fit my new rear bumper
fit custom sports cat and downpipe
repaint rear calipers and recondition the front brembos
and finally give it a top to bottom detail!

better pics to come
C&C welcome!

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Got my new rear bumper fitted today and the rear strut brace!

Old bumper- had some marks, lacquer starting to peel in areas and a nasty crack from the previous owner:

And the new bumper- really pleased with it, cleans the rear end up a lot!
It had a few fine scratches which I wet sanded and polished, came up really well!

Thanks for looking

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Slightly off topic here but where did you get your splitter for the fiesta from? An did you use anything on the front grill to keep it black or did you paint it?

conorc

RMS Regular
OP
conorc
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
I painted all the plastics on the fiesta mate, if u have a look on fiestastoc.com there are some good guides on there. The splitter I bought from a guy who used to sell them on the forum, I can't remember his name now, but u can buy the same from triple r composites! Hope that helps!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.