Dehumidifier in car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Anyone use anything to stop moisture in the car through winter ? To help stop Windows misting up etc

I see these small reusable type things just wonder if they work

KevM

RMS Regular
We use them in work at this time of year to clear a valeted car. In theory, once should do it if the car is unused!

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I just figure getting in and out with wet feet doesn't help.

Pingi LV-A300 Reusable Car Dehumidifier: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Gets good reviews

I think @weeloaney recommended that same one on here a week or more back, been meaning to get a couple myself.

The others available in pound shops etc work fine, the ones divided into two with moisture absorption magic beads in the top. They end up with the bottom half filled with water. Just need to be kept upright in a door pocket or similar.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I just figure getting in and out with wet feet doesn't help.

Pingi LV-A300 Reusable Car Dehumidifier: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Gets good reviews

These things do work, have that pingi one in my rover on the dash (when not drive) and helps at the front, it's passing water into the boot tho so back always steams up.

But really do make a difference and worth a try at £9. I bought mine in Asda 2/3 weeks ago and dot has just turned pink.

Have a bigger one in the Range Rover for a year and has been great as it sits about a lot.

But noticed it's not as good as it used to be, but a £15 it lasted well I think

Edit: as said you can get the ones that have crystals in the top and hold the water underneath, most of the time I find the crystals melt (as there meant to do) and stick together and stop working. Also if they do work and tip over then the empty they horrible gunky water out.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
These things do work, have that pingi one in my rover on the dash (when not drive) and helps at the front, it's passing water into the boot tho so back always steams up.

But really do make a difference and worth a try at £9. I bought mine in Asda 2/3 weeks ago and dot has just turned pink.

Have a bigger one in the Range Rover for a year and has been great as it sits about a lot.

But noticed it's not as good as it used to be, but a £15 it lasted well I think

Edit: as said you can get the ones that have crystals in the top and hold the water underneath, most of the time I find the crystals melt (as there meant to do) and stick together and stop working. Also if they do work and tip over then the empty they horrible gunky water out.

Just keep them in the door pocket! Also they're only a quid so when's it's done just get another one!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just keep them in the door pocket! Also they're only a quid so when's it's done just get another one!
If your door pockets are big enough

The like of that pingi one is small and doesn't look outa place

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I use my car every day and it never mists up. I always make sure the car is cool inside, heater off Windows down. Lock the car windows up job done. You boys must like spending money, you get some amount of salt for £5 would do 3 or 4 winters.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I had one of those two tier jobbies in the Subaru, great job and it wasn't long of filling the bottom section with water.
Main problem was I had it in the boot while waiting to fix a water leak, and would forget to remove it before going for a drive the odd time, and it usually ended upside down in a corner with the water all spilt out again ffs.

Have a bowl of salt in the soarer, seems to be working well so far

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
I use my car every day and it never mists up. I always make sure the car is cool inside, heater off Windows down. Lock the car windows up job done. You boys must like spending money, you get some amount of salt for £5 would do 3 or 4 winters.

Knowing my luck I'd spill a bit of the salt and there would be no 106 left by the morning.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
I'm not too sure.

I was on the motorway and had to pass a grit lorry the other night. I'm sure my neighbours were questioning my sanity when I was outside rinsing the underside of a scabby 106 at 11:30pm, in the rain. I'm pretty sure if I didn't it would be a write-off by now.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I feel your pain I drive a ford, although they aren't as bad as a mk5 golf. They are a ****ing tea bag :p
There only bad if not kept clean or cleaned well.

Bothers got a 2005 mk5 and the only rust on the body is a little on the edge of the wings but that's only cause the wheels kiss it when on near full lock and hitting a bump

Rest is fine, and it's not that well look after.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
keeping the air moving in the vehicle helps too. So always keep the fan on at least one click and make sure the vents aren't blocked up with leaves or whatever. Keep it on fresh rather than recirc. If you have aircon use it along with the heater if you need to, because it dries the air. If you're storing the car indoors, crack the windows open a tiny bit, but not enough to let the mice in; less than 10mm.

Reactions: dub
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.