Desktop PC for Video Creation

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
There was a 256GB SSD on HUKD's the other day for £87. Legit windows can be got for ~£20. Agreed it's another £100 but still a bit of a bargin for someone not wanting to build a rig.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
My W8 key was a whole £18 on ebay, the cheapest I see the 8.1 Pro keys are £29.99 on there at the minute though. Perhaps @StephenMcC has a more reliable source?

Edit: I say my key, it was one I got for my little brothers build. I haven't ran a legit version of windows since I got the internet.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Buy a Mac? :imp:

I already have two top line MACS :p 15" i7 MPB and 27" i5 Retina

The editing software my brain can use is windows - only, the camcorder I use only has windows software bundled and I don't want to run windows on my MACs, hence the request!!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Oh we've a high roller over here :p

My point was you'd build the computer for way less than £1200, but you'd meet you budget if you went for a good monitor. I know the Dell Ultrasharps are in and around £600 for a 27"

Macs R gey anyway :p

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Well because top of the range screen alone will be out of your budget :p No human eye here will appreciate the colour accuracy so I'd say a good £500 budget will get you a nice 27" screen that will beat the apple retinas! dell ultrasharp 27 or the recent 27 Lg pro was on overclockers recently for less than 600 and was a bargain! or sell both apples, buy an eizo and a proper pc :grinning:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Well because top of the range screen alone will be out of your budget :p No human eye here will appreciate the colour accuracy so I'd say a good £500 budget will get you a nice 27" screen that will beat the apple retinas! dell ultrasharp 27 or the recent 27 Lg pro was on overclockers recently for less than 600 and was a bargain! or sell both apples, buy an eizo and a proper pc :grinning:

StephenMcC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
My W8 key was a whole £18 on ebay, the cheapest I see the 8.1 Pro keys are £29.99 on there at the minute though. Perhaps @StephenMcC has a more reliable source?

Edit: I say my key, it was one I got for my little brothers build. I haven't ran a legit version of windows since I got the internet.

Dear god no, i'm pretty sure they're stolen keys lmao, but they work and have never had any issue with them since the days of vista!

I get mine from this guy: anotherdaytomorrow@gmail.com

his keys were $22 for windows 8 pro when I got the last one!

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
LudicroUs amount of pc spec willy waving going on there lol.

For 1080p video editing you don't need anywhere near those specs

I'm doing 1080p with 5.1 sound tracks and a little bit oh 4k on a quad core xeon with 12gb ram and ssds. And it's still only using about 4gig of ram. I have a gtx graphics card but the software doesn't use the gpu for some reason. It will render a hour long 1080p in probably 15-20 mins. 4k is pretty much real time

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.