Disc lock suggestions

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Hi Chaps. insurance company mandate use of an approved disc lock so I need to pick one up.

Can any folks cut through the nonsense that's out there and direct me to a good disc lock that's available locally, definitely one with the reminder lanyard/cord.

Also anyone fitted some sort of anchor to a timber frame? bike has a dedicated shed and was hoping to install something chunky in there. any thoughts appreciated.

p

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Hi Chaps. insurance company mandate use of an approved disc lock so I need to pick one up.

Can any folks cut through the nonsense that's out there and direct me to a good disc lock that's available locally, definitely one with the reminder lanyard/cord.

Also anyone fitted some sort of anchor to a timber frame? bike has a dedicated shed and was hoping to install something chunky in there. any thoughts appreciated.

p
You could try Infinity Motorcycles for an Oxford Big Boss disc lock - I have one and it came with the cord.

Can't help with the anchor I'm afraid!

Edit - Just remembered my Oxford lock didn't fit into my disc so I had to remove some of the rubber sleeve. I've also got a Pragmasis RoundLock which is what I would use daily - it's pretty small so handy to throw in a bag, but it's also pretty easy to forget about as it doesn't come with a cord.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There are anchors on eBay / Amazon which are basically a bit of box section with a tamper proof bolt. I have one in my shed which seems fine, though thankfully it’s never been tested.

The disk locks are easily defeated using a stud extractor, but I guess that’s not the point if it’s insurance mandated anyway. I use an Oxford one and park in town all the time, never any bother.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
cheers. looks like some disc locks double up for use with chains too which is useful. Pragmasis seems fairly robust.

looks like most decent shed/timber anchors need installed during the shed build. will look into the box section anchors...

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I had an Abus granite detecto alarmed dusk lock. Was a great job though it cost about £120.

You can buy the wee reminder chords easy enough so don't worry if it doesn't come with one.

VEN©M

RMS Regular
OP
VEN©M
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
Have a pragmassis disc lock on the way and about to pull the trigger on a shed shackle for chaining up in the shed. cheers.