Drag Racing- Last Blast 2014 (12th Oct)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Zilla

RMS Regular
Drives
Cosy coupe
Last blast 2014 Drag Racing @ bishopscourt 12/10/14
Open entry

Anyone game

56oval

RMS Regular
Im in, off the back of such fantastic event two weeks ago wayne has decided to put one extra final event on in 2 weeks time, i urge anyone who even remotely fancies it to book now, cheaper rate @ £40 for the day, your last chance to blow the pipes out before we dig in for a long winter of building stuff in the shed!!!!!

Let us know guys, @Artoir your drinking game could be game on!!! LOL

56oval

RMS Regular
10711103_551451488333725_8062548201277377210_n_zps50b3db1f.jpg

Zilla

RMS Regular
OP
Zilla
Drives
Cosy coupe
£40 for unlimited runs is a bargain

56oval

RMS Regular
Interesting mix signing up already :grinning:

Eaomn mc & Pad Bolger Team Kustomvolks Beetle
Colin Doris Beetle.
Liame Neal Beetle
Wilko Beetle
Padraig K Supercharged Karman Ghia.
Lee Day Nissan R32.
Louis Gray Camero
Ian Creighton Project Roadkill
Sarah Hamilton - TBC
Ste ward - honda civic type R
Sye Clarke - Mazda MX5 Turbo
Adam Garland- R32 Gtr
Peter durnin- R32 GTR
John Curistan - R35 GTR
Adam o rourke- honda Civic

56oval

RMS Regular
Looks like its just me and you from the RMS massive on this one LOL

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I was up watching at the last event, looked like a good bit of fun. Considering signing up to this one but i know that i'll have the slowest car there :oops:

56oval

RMS Regular
I was up watching at the last event, looked like a good bit of fun. Considering signing up to this one but i know that i'll have the slowest car there :oops:

Wether you have the slowest car there or not is irrelevant, i am pushing hard to make folk who have no money, no budget and a car that they believe isn't going to be fast welcome. It is important that we get newbies in and pushing budget drag racing, you pays your money, you get treated with the same level of respect and enthusiasm as the so called big boys. We want people there to have fun, no ego no bullsh*t, just turn up and race hard 20sec-10 sec, all are welcome :grinning:

56oval

RMS Regular
Hes a brief snippet from our own event in august and some footage from the september event, this was filmed for the air-cooled guys but the mix of levels of performance and experience was huge, every single person had an absolute blast.

Zilla

RMS Regular
OP
Zilla
Drives
Cosy coupe
It's a great days craic and an opportunity to Trash your car and not worry about the pellers

Zilla

RMS Regular
OP
Zilla
Drives
Cosy coupe
One of our guys is doing a budget build.(I'll share the link)

A scrap car that was lifted from the breakers and put on the strip, slowly building and improving the car an a tiny budget

S-V-K

Do we need helmet in order to participate ?
(unfortunately I don't have one)

S-V-K

Many thanks for reply :grinning:
Any place in Belfast selling some cheap helmets ? :grinning:

Zilla

RMS Regular
OP
Zilla
Drives
Cosy coupe
no worries. :grinning:

I got mine from Lintons in ballymena for £35-40 iirc

Fleabay may be a shout..

PS the paypal for entering is on the flyer up top ^^^

PhilM

RMS Regular
Wether you have the slowest car there or not is irrelevant, i am pushing hard to make folk who have no money, no budget and a car that they believe isn't going to be fast welcome. It is important that we get newbies in and pushing budget drag racing, you pays your money, you get treated with the same level of respect and enthusiasm as the so called big boys. We want people there to have fun, no ego no bullsh*t, just turn up and race hard 20sec-10 sec, all are welcome :grinning:

if it was always a saturday event i would def be there in the future.

Phil

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Are bikes welcome to come along? Do you get time slips at the end of every run? Fancy taking the Triumph up to this to pop my drag racing cherry lol. Cheers.

Zilla

RMS Regular
OP
Zilla
Drives
Cosy coupe
Yes bikes welcome

Slips after every run that shows

Reaction time
60 ft
1/4 time
Speed mph

56oval

RMS Regular
We had quite a few bikes up at the last one, my favourite was the turbocharged 1985 suzuki, he ran 10's on it, wasn't the easiest to get off the line, but once it was up and running it was flying his trap speeds were 147mph then he rode it home. the quickest was a 9.8 @ 150. Always good to see a few bikes in the mix.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Thanks for responses guys. I'll head up on the bike and give it a shot! What details do I need to send (if any) along with the paypal payment? Cheers.

gsportcars

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus ISupra
Any age restrictions for a passenger ride up the strip?
I intend on taking the daily s14a up for a laugh seeing as I haven't been near the place in a good few years now. I'd love to bring my son along for the experience. He has a helmet too.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Entry sent today! Really looking forward to next Sunday, heres hoping it stays dry...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.