Dreaded Passat b6 estate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
The scoob was a joy to own. If this car doesn't play ball I'll be straight back into one.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
so apparently there are no fault codes present. There is a live reading with 0 at engine off and the sensor working when turned on. It did throw up a glowplug not working which is unrelated so i asked the mechanic to change the glow plug and oil ready for the remap on the 14th. Hopefully the sensor lasts until the remap and then it can be erased.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Ok so after the car laying up for ten days David at torquetronix kindly fitted me in today for egr and Dpf delete and a remap. Car has a bit more pull in midrange and revs nicer. If David reads this id like to say a special thank you for him staying late to get my car back to me and doing a fantastic job in the car. No reek tho!:p

Hopefully I can get back to driving her as I'm "balls deep" in it now.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Snore fest update, I got a balljoint and rear control arm bushings into her, Heater started making a grumbling noise so decided to swap it out as it was Fubar.
lxwpiJTU4CSvE2zAC88yUH5hsSbJl3EvinYX0a5RNic

Nice and new, Also decided to throw a pollen filter in while i was at it-
PwKKPBZ-e8XLSwYPD5dc73dge0BE0YWpxRRud9pxEsM

Seeing as I had the glovebox out of the car i decided to run the ipod lead for the new head unit id bought on black friday. So out came the old parrot kit-
uNZNp6eyGNs7iD12SftF3O7sbM7y7N2hh2gel-GY4Oo

-WGUZWJlF-hjKcWtrvX5rWvPYsLTvDpiajKWqGC1Zqg

At this point I have to say a thank you to @Cartunes. I really started to doubt myself with this car (must be getting old) and he helped me with all my stupid questions. Anywho I got the new headunit into her and Its a nice unit to use. Its a clarion VX404.
5v2L1GKfFE_Cyix6Udmx0df4WvYk12ARmHIlmwJu1BU

As an aside (she never lets me away that easy) I have lost heater positions 1,2,3. Absolute melt, I have the new part ordered, however the one I pulled out doesnt look like a genuine VW part as theres no stamps etc on it. So she may have blew before-
RxSVQA2SurF6u3KZcils3I-_94vcnH_j43dmj4H2Ie4

Anyhow, part should be here for the weekend so ill fit that and I have an Cree LED reverse bulb to throw in as well. Are you asleep yet?

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Cheers, they make a big difference just the extra inch. I have the same ones yours did but refurbed graphite grey. I think I'll be on the look out for similar Audi wheels on gumtree

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Yeah I certainly think the car looks better on them, having thoughts about upgrading this car, I don't think I could live without an estate now, really handy to have the space when needed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.