Drying Towels

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
The Gyeon Silk Dryer Evo is awesome, as is the double sided Autobrite Ultimate, although it can get heavy when very wet.

The Blo Air hot air dryers are brilliant, if you have the budget and storage that’s the answer for a well looked after car.

But towels and dryers only work efficiently if your car is has a good coat of wax or ceramic!
I got the Autobrite ultimate drying towel this week from Alan after being at an AB detailing day a fortnight ago, couldn't believe how well it worked and am looking forward to using it on my own car.

We've had our blo air dryer coming up on a year now, it's definitely handy for the wheels, front grill and wing mirrors, I find myself running out of patience doing the entire car with it and as mentioned it's pretty noisy.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I got the Autobrite ultimate drying towel this week from Alan after being at an AB detailing day a fortnight ago, couldn't believe how well it worked

Same. I picked up one from Motosport & Spares and was shocked how much better than my 'good' drying towels it was!
Twisted loop really is the mutts nuts!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I got the Autobrite ultimate drying towel this week from Alan after being at an AB detailing day a fortnight ago, couldn't believe how well it worked and am looking forward to using it on my own car.

We've had our blo air dryer coming up on a year now, it's definitely handy for the wheels, front grill and wing mirrors, I find myself running out of patience doing the entire car with it and as mentioned it's pretty noisy.
Ours is a Vertool heated drier, not Blo (but same difference).
I don't like it at all.
The only reason I see for it is if you don't want to "touch" the car. But the trade off is the noise and time it takes.
Give me a good drying towel any day. Couldn't tell you what mine is, got it from @Davey@Procar

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
They are also very handy for blowing out under the seats and all the wee nooks and crannies about the car you can't reach with the hoover

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I got a great drying towel off Davey at Procar, it's unbelievably good but I watched @big_pete's latest video to find out I've been using it wrong for years and wrecking my paintwork!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I got a great drying towel off Davey at Procar, it's unbelievably good but I watched @big_pete's latest video to find out I've been using it wrong for years and wrecking my paintwork!

If your paint is already swirly it won’t make much of a difference tbh but for paintwork that is perfect, the marring a drying towel can put in when get used the wrong way is awful.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
If your paint is already swirly it won’t make much of a difference tbh but for paintwork that is perfect, the marring a drying towel can put in when get used the wrong way is awful.

The paintwork on both my cars would be less than great but you've definitely put me in the notion of getting a DI Vessel.

Your videos are getting really good btw, very interesting to watch.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The paintwork on both my cars would be less than great but you've definitely put me in the notion of getting a DI Vessel.

Your videos are getting really good btw, very interesting to watch.

A DI Vessel is a game changer for the time saving alone. Once you get passed the initial few usages of not drying the car and feeling like you haven’t finished the job, you won’t look back lol!

Thanks! Really trying to get used to being on camera and also keep thinking of fresh ideas 😂 so any suggestions are welcomed!

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
A DI Vessel is a game changer for the time saving alone. Once you get passed the initial few usages of not drying the car and feeling like you haven’t finished the job, you won’t look back lol!

Thanks! Really trying to get used to being on camera and also keep thinking of fresh ideas 😂 so any suggestions are welcomed!

Totally derailing this thread and I'm not sure if this is a service you provide but a video on stone chip touch-ups would be the ticket.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Totally derailing this thread and I'm not sure if this is a service you provide but a video on stone chip touch-ups would be the ticket.

Ah, we can do a video on that for sure.

I do cover it a bit on this video from a few years back lol

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Sames, although could I be arsed just dabbing a towel to dry a daily, **** no 😂 Watching the DI in action did have me doing a beard scratch as it was more effective than I realised.

Keep up the good work Pete, especially for amateurs like me who like to hear the quick reasoning as to why to use X system/product 😀

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Sames, although could I be arsed just dabbing a towel to dry a daily, **** no 😂 Watching the DI in action did have me doing a beard scratch as it was more effective than I realised.

Keep up the good work Pete, especially for amateurs like me who like to hear the quick reasoning as to why to use X system/product 😀

I ended up getting one of them Di’s off Procar, just forget about the cost and just get one!