DVA/VOSA?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I have seen vosa veichles on my travels and was also stopped by vosa on the weigh bridge at sprucefield.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Good to know!

So all these pics on FB of VOSA vehicles claimed to be in certain areas are just bs then? As you say they have never and do not operate here

No, it means the DVA or dippers are potentially in those areas stopping vehicles, people are just wrongly calling them VOSA.

You can see the DVA stickered people carriers driving around dangerously ready to pull vehicles over, and the dippers usually drive dark blue Toyota Hilux pickups with the white extension bit on the back.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Not to be mistaken for the Morgan-McClernan driver transfer vehicle :oops:

Very different vehicle, although there used to be the Sawyers Driver Support Vehicle....SDSV stickered up much like the DVA although havent seen it about for a couple of years.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Both Saywers and the Morgan-Mclernan DVA/VOSA look a Limey People carriers are still doing the rounds up and down to Larne on a daily basis lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Must be honest here and say there support vehicle has caused a few "oh F@ck" moments for myself.Avo etc I never run over weight or over hours I swear I don't.

Caused an oh **** moment in front me me too, when it cut me up so it could exit a roundabout from completely the wrong lane ( 3 lanes and they were on the inside cutting right across at last second to get off )...only to then do a U-turn as soon as it left the roundabout. Those idiots shouldnt be allowed near a public road.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
What do u expect stevietutbo ,they can't speak English half of them so they could hardly read street signs lol.Thats the eejits driving at 44t ,lovely.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Seriously lol ,sorry I thought you meant them other guys taxi bus.last time they seen me in saint field they swung into petrol station to turn around but there exit was blocked and a car was up there ass and they had to wait until the road was clear .i was up the first available side road to hide lol.would have been totally screwed if they had got me haha.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
@zafturbo does the company you work for not pull you about infringements when you get your card downloaded or do they not give a balls.?? Just wondering .

zafturbo

RMS Regular
@zafturbo does the company you work for not pull you about infringements when you get your card downloaded or do they not give a balls.?? Just wondering .
owner driver finding it impossible to make it pay doing it legally.its near impossible with the current price cutting of larger company's.example one load we were doing for £520 in England was cut by local company to £400.waste of time now.drivers don't see the whole picture of costs involved .

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Fair enough ...but the chances of losing your books in a blink of an eye is always on your mind im sure.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It's only on a very rare occasion that you are overweight etc and is always when doing bulk when the place you loading from has no weight bridge etc.maybe you drive yourself so you know the score.spoke to a guy last week who loaded peat moss in the south and he knew it felt heavy but when he got weighted he was at 57 ton.Now that's bad crack .

O.C.D

RMS Regular
It's only on a very rare occasion that you are overweight etc and is always when doing bulk when the place you loading from has no weight bridge etc.maybe you drive yourself so you know the score.spoke to a guy last week who loaded peat moss in the south and he knew it felt heavy but when he got weighted he was at 57 ton.Now that's bad crack .
I do drive for a company yeh .

jimcupra

RMS Regular
The taxi dva inspectors take no sh1t although any dealings I have had have been ok. First time they flashed the blue lights at me I had no idea who it was. I have seen them be judge, jury and executioner with a boy who got lippy. Put him off the road for quite a few vey minor offences.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.