DVLA

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ant

RMS Regular
car i bought on the 7th, new v5 arrived yesterday, fairly quick turnaround wasn't expecting it

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Got mine back today, just under 2 weeks and that's included the 12th holidays, very happy.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Some info -

New Arrangements for Taxing and Registering Vehicles

From Monday 21 July, if you need to tax or register your vehicle you must do this either online on the Gov.uk website (https://www.gov.uk/tax-disc) or at a post office. You will no longer be able to tax or register vehicles at DVA offices in Northern Ireland, which close on Thursday 17 July 2014.

From Monday 21 July, vehicle licensing services will be provided by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in Swansea.

Specifically, if you want to tax a car on Friday 18 July, the handover period of data to Swansea, you will need to do so at a post office.

Further information is available on the NI Direct website (http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/how-you-tax-your-car-is-changing). A leaflet explaining the new system will be issued with all car tax reminders from 5 July.

The DVA’s other functions are not affected by the transfer of vehicle licensing to Swansea. These are:

• driver licensing;
  • driver and vehicle testing;
  • bus and taxi licensing; and
  • roadside compliance checks.
The identity checking service for driving licence applications currently provided at motor tax offices, will be available from Monday 21 July at Driver Licensing HQ, County Hall, Coleraine and at the following test centres:

• Armagh;
  • Ballymena;
  • Belfast,;
  • Downpatrick;
  • Enniskillen;
  • Derry; and
  • Omagh.
More information is available at http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/motoring...icle-tax/how-you-tax-your-car-is-changing.htm

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I'm looking forward to finally being able to retain a cherished plate, although going by the nidirect link above it looks like it hasn't been introduced yet for NI registrations.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Not yet, but it looks like it will be soon.
  • the facility to retain NI registration numbers will be introduced which will allow people to hold a registration number on a Certificate of Entitlement, for future assignment to an alternative vehicle

Curt

RMS Regular
Drives
B5.5
So in the past, when not all post offices offered tax to new owners (for the first time) - and I had to go to Belfast... will this change from now on, so that when you buy a car with no tax you can tax it in ALL post offices?

anyone know?

Minikid

RMS Regular
Drives
Choopay
Good job on plate retention - let's hope they introduce soon

jincam

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt coupe
So in the past, when not all post offices offered tax to new owners (for the first time) - and I had to go to Belfast... will this change from now on, so that when you buy a car with no tax you can tax it in ALL post offices?

anyone know?
Anybody heard anything? Ive a car bought out of england ive got the full tax book with the previous owners name still on the first page and ive just filled in the new keeper supplement, i had planned to just walk in and tax it with that log book and mot thus both taxing it and registering it in my name there and then, can i do that in the post office now all in the one go?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Anybody heard anything? Ive a car bought out of england ive got the full tax book with the previous owners name still on the first page and ive just filled in the new keeper supplement, i had planned to just walk in and tax it with that log book and mot thus both taxing it and registering it in my name there and then, can i do that in the post office now all in the one go?
No, this is one of the things that is now out the window im 99% sure and registration has to go through DVLA. Post Office will only be useful if you are renewing your car tax, although even that is changing from October when the discs are not being issued anymore.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Sent off the V317 today for private reg retention. About time this was available to N.I.
Will keep you posted on turn around time (y)

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
£105 for a year ... which includes assigning it to a car when ready.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Is that for the first year or is it 105 each year afterwards?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Could I order a new reg off dvla this weekend or do I need to wait til Monday 21st?

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
I sent off for my new V5C nearly 4 weeks ago after informing the DVLA in Swansea that the car is now over in NI, from Scotland back in April.

I'm still waiting... its likely my application which was sent to Coleraine has now gone BACK to Swansea. Mail sent since I'm offshore.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
i have a tax book here needing a change of registered keeper, can i just bring it to the post office then or do i have to post it in??

if i do have to post it maybe i should wait til things settle a little?/

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Retaining a reg will be great here. Wonder will there be loads of scooters for sale once retaining a reg kicks in.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Does anyone know the price of putting my new private English reg on to an N.I car now? Not registered to anything at the minute I just bought it brand new about 2 months ago and almost ready to use it

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Does anyone know the price of putting my new private English reg on to an N.I car now? Not registered to anything at the minute I just bought it brand new about 2 months ago and almost ready to use it

If you buy if off the dvla the price includes transfer to a car.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
If you buy if off the dvla the price includes transfer to a car.

I cant even remember where I bought it. I think it was speedyreg maybe. Wherever it was from it was supposed to cost £190 to swap it over to a car over here includong havinf it registered to a car in England first. But apparently thats changed now..?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I cant even remember where I bought it. I think it was speedyreg maybe. Wherever it was from it was supposed to cost £190 to swap it over to a car over here includong havinf it registered to a car in England first. But apparently thats changed now..?

Yes you can now transfer it directly off a certificate onto a NI car as of 21st july. I just bought off the dvla site, price includes transfer.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
i have a tax book here needing a change of registered keeper, can i just bring it to the post office then or do i have to post it in??

if i do have to post it maybe i should wait til things settle a little?/
Intetested also

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.