E60 5 Series Bmw - Washer Fluid Level Low Warning Fault

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
I had this fault on my car and heres how it was fixed.

Firstly I constantly saw this

1-10.jpg

2-10.jpg

Went off to BMW and bought one of these (Around £11)

3-9.jpg

Set about fitting the new level sensor

5-9.jpg

Remove these screws

6-5.jpg

7-3.jpg

Remove the sensor from the bottle of the tank

8-3.jpg

Fit new sensor and replace splash guard

9-1.jpg

Fault is now gone

10-3.jpg

marck scherz

Drives
accord
try this one, maybe it may help. Jump the connector that goes to the bottle with a piece of wire. The light should go out. If it does, then it's a issue with the bottle. If it doesn't, then it's a wiring issue.hope this can be a help for your bmw repair.

Henrik Juul

Drives
BMW E61 525d
Hi - Thank you for all the pictures. I have the same problem, and was trying to replace the sensor. I got as far as to remove the electrical connector, but how do you remove the actual sensor? Do you pull it?, twist it? or ???
Also, for those of you trying to order the sensor online, notice that the picture above contains the part number - nice....

Henrik Juul

Drives
BMW E61 525d
Got it! And it's working - no more warning! Thanks a million.

And you were almost right - to get the sensor out you turn 90 degrees (1/4 turn) towards the engine. You can then pull the sensor down, replace the new, and turn 1/4 away from the engine.
Note, my was pretty stuck (it’s a 2009 model, so 4 years old) – so I had to press somewhat hard to get it to release.

Also, if anyone else is struggling with getting the electrical connector off, you have to press at the button of the connector to release the “hook” that keeps it in.

Anyway – thanks for all the help, I hope you’ll be getting a a lot a Christmas presents. I am sure santa got you on his list… :grinning:

Fflyingdog

Drives
520d 2008
Hi everyone.
I had the fluid washer level warning ,I got rid of my warning by flushing the washer tank out with a hose pipe .works a treat.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.