Epic Rally? rage...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
How often do they check their mirrors ?
nearly all cars dont have a rear view mirror or the view is full obscured by the cage etc that it is rendered useless and the side mirrors are often smacked so hard they are moved, smashed or they have small ones on that aren't worth a piss

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Which one got in trouble mate? Do you know what happened to him @Graham ? Do drivers often "nudge" people out of the way?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Which one got in trouble mate? Do you know what happened to him @Graham ? Do drivers often "nudge" people out of the way?
The nova crew, maybe only driver and it was a few years back from memory so no idea what happened but @Cess would maybe know

likely a fine and maybe banned for a few events but not 100% sure

very very rare that this sort of thing happens

stevyg

RMS Regular
To be fair, the Subaru driver had multiple places he could have pulled over to let him past. All cars have to be road legal and have a mirror, if the Subaru driver can't see behind him then he can't expect anything less. A wee 'outta my way bitch' nudge was a decent enough solution I thought.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
To be fair, the Subaru driver had multiple places he could have pulled over to let him past. All cars have to be road legal and have a mirror, if the Subaru driver can't see behind him then he can't expect anything less. A wee 'outta my way bitch' nudge was a decent enough solution I thought.
they have to have tax and MOT

this MOT is usually "bought" from the mainland with the tax book and images of the car sent to some garage in scotland and the tax thing, well i seen "someone" create a few tax discs for scrutiny before

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Catching someone on a stage happens quite often especially if you are seeded way down the back of the field but in fairness to the Subaru driver looking in your mirrors is not something you think about getting onto a stage. For him he is probably right at his level of driving. Another thing to consider is that on tarmac rallies in Ireland cars are set off at 30 second intervals so if you have a moment coming into a T-junction and you have to reverse out and away that can take a large chunk of time out of your gap to the car behind/ Although I think in this case the guy is just genuinely slow.

It is very frustrating for a crew to get caught behind someone but if they arent seen in the first mile of following it is very unlikely they will be spotted until the end of the stage. This also happens the pros as well dont forget:

RCT

RMS Regular
Nearly sure both drivers got their licences revoked at the time. Pa Horan has a civic now, and a very quick one at that, when it's on the road!

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

Your man who is standing on the bonnet talking in the side window at 9:20 got the most punishment. Apparently he kicked in the windscreen of the Subaru. There was talk that he was going to be banned for life.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.