dempster__

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 M3
So after saying I’d never sell my E91 well here we are. This popped up on gumtree a few weeks back and a good friend of my was selling this insane spec F31 330D so thought it would be a worth replacement for the E91. So some of the features are as follows;

- 330D X-Drive M Sport+
- Adaptive Xenon headlights
- Pro Nav
- Harmon Kardon with Logic 7 surround
- Lane Assist
- Active Cruise Control
- Head Up Display
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heated Front & Rear Seats
- Panoramic Roof
- Reverse Camera
- M Performance Carbon Trim
- M Performance Alcantara Dash Trim

A few pictures after a quick wash and clean inside and out.

IMG_7937.jpeg
IMG_7936.jpeg
IMG_7934.jpeg

IMG_7922.jpeg

First off was to get a few wee niggly bits I wanted sorted so a full service with genuine parts from JKC as it was well due as well as replacing this breather pipe which seems to perish on every diesel BMW but £17 from BMW sorted it. Quick spruce up of the engine bay when I was in there too.

IMG_7984.jpeg
IMG_7983.jpeg
IMG_8047.jpeg
IMG_8076.jpeg
IMG_8075.jpeg
IMG_8087.jpeg

Gave the car another good clean and finally got my plates on which helps a bit I think.

IMG_8374.jpeg
IMG_8369.jpeg
IMG_8375.jpeg
IMG_8378.jpeg

A few bits I plan to tackle in the future is lowering (because it sits high as a kite with the 4WD) but not sure what is best with X-Drive and adaptive suspension? Spacers, 704M wheels and potentially some LCI taillights.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Perfect daily. That looks like a great spec too! I should never have sold mine.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Lovely motor. Great colour and interior looks in great order. I’d considered a petrol one when I was looking but out of my budget for what I was after. Enjoy

richie_mck

RMS Regular
So after saying I’d never sell my E91 well here we are. This popped up on gumtree a few weeks back and a good friend of my was selling this insane spec F31 330D so thought it would be a worth replacement for the E91. So some of the features are as follows;

- 330D X-Drive M Sport+
- Adaptive Xenon headlights
- Pro Nav
- Harmon Kardon with Logic 7 surround
- Lane Assist
- Active Cruise Control
- Head Up Display
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heated Front & Rear Seats
- Panoramic Roof
- Reverse Camera
- M Performance Carbon Trim
- M Performance Alcantara Dash Trim

A few pictures after a quick wash and clean inside and out.

View attachment 403951View attachment 403952View attachment 403953

View attachment 403955

First off was to get a few wee niggly bits I wanted sorted so a full service with genuine parts from JKC as it was well due as well as replacing this breather pipe which seems to perish on every diesel BMW but £17 from BMW sorted it. Quick spruce up of the engine bay when I was in there too.

View attachment 403956View attachment 403957View attachment 403958View attachment 403959View attachment 403960View attachment 403961

Gave the car another good clean and finally got my plates on which helps a bit I think.

View attachment 403962View attachment 403963View attachment 403964View attachment 403965

A few bits I plan to tackle in the future is lowering (because it sits high as a kite with the 4WD) but not sure what is best with X-Drive and adaptive suspension? Spacers, 704M wheels and potentially some LCI taillights.

Great car, but I’m biased. In terms of springs for the xdrive with adaptive dampers, I wasn’t a fan of the ride quality of the AC schnitzer springs (rebranded eibach) the front was very soft and worse than that the car sat arse down. I then changed to 45/30 h&r’s and have had no issues. The ride height is far better

IMG_6583.jpeg

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Perfect daily. That looks like a great spec too! I should never have sold mine.
Cheers! Seems to be good so far and the spec makes it but just fancied the auto for the miles I’m doing.
Lovely that, perfect colour and spec too!

Not in love with the spoiler though.
Funny my dad is the same with the spoiler, he has a 35D touring same as mine without it and much prefers no spoiler
Lovely motor. Great colour and interior looks in great order. I’d considered a petrol one when I was looking but out of my budget for what I was after. Enjoy
Thanks, it seems a real genuine car which has been looked after.
Great car, but I’m biased. In terms of springs for the xdrive with adaptive dampers, I wasn’t a fan of the ride quality of the AC schnitzer springs (rebranded eibach) the front was very soft and worse than that the car sat arse down. I then changed to 45/30 h&r’s and have had no issues. The ride height is far better

View attachment 403987
I actually stumbled upon your thread a few days ago and was reading down through it. Do you find the H&R’s a good job, not too crashy? I can deal with a firmer stiffer ride but that crashing and shocks bottoming out isn’t ideal.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Cheers! Seems to be good so far and the spec makes it but just fancied the auto for the miles I’m doing.

Funny my dad is the same with the spoiler, he has a 35D touring same as mine without it and much prefers no spoiler

Thanks, it seems a real genuine car which has been looked after.

I actually stumbled upon your thread a few days ago and was reading down through it. Do you find the H&R’s a good job, not too crashy? I can deal with a firmer stiffer ride but that crashing and shocks bottoming out isn’t ideal.

Even with 2 kids, 2 dogs and luggage the shocks haven’t ever bottomed out and with 10mm spacers they’ve never rubbed either. Definitely a bit firmer but I only have the AC schnitzer springs to compare against. I’ve never had any issues with the ride quality, it did 200 miles across Welsh roads and over snowdonia yesterday with ease

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Even with 2 kids, 2 dogs and luggage the shocks haven’t ever bottomed out and with 10mm spacers they’ve never rubbed either. Definitely a bit firmer but I only have the AC schnitzer springs to compare against. I’ve never had any issues with the ride quality, it did 200 miles across Welsh roads and over snowdonia yesterday with ease
Sounds good then, maybe have to order a set then. It’s really just a daily for me but I find the standard driving experience a bit vague with how soft it is in comfort mode and even sport it still feels a bit soft although I understand it’s basically a diesel family estate car so not what it’s designed for 😂

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Eibach are worth considering too. Won’t be as low as the H&R, but no issues with ride quality.

Looks great there, super spec!

Markon

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3
What does M-sport+ get you? Lovely car I’m looking at one to replace the Cupra soon enough.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
That's a stunning looking car.

Interested to know what Sport+ means too.

Also, what's the x-drive like? I know very little about BMWs but always tempted with the idea of an x-drive as I think I'd always be a bit of a 'fraidy bum in something purely RWD and torquey. Is it always RWD until it starts to lose grip (like a VAG haldex) or always on?

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Eibach are worth considering too. Won’t be as low as the H&R, but no issues with ride quality.

Looks great there, super spec!
Thanks! 😀 I will also look at the Eibachs more to the fact I use the car for a lot of driving so don’t want it too low although the H&R’s look brilliant.
What does M-sport+ get you? Lovely car I’m looking at one to replace the Cupra soon enough.
Like mentioned by @RolyaT the H&K, brakes, tints and xenons.
Lovely! Do these have apple car play as standard?
It doesn’t. It’s the early model so 2013 so doesn’t even have Bluetooth music, only phone🙈
That's a stunning looking car.

Interested to know what Sport+ means too.

Also, what's the x-drive like? I know very little about BMWs but always tempted with the idea of an x-drive as I think I'd always be a bit of a 'fraidy bum in something purely RWD and torquey. Is it always RWD until it starts to lose grip (like a VAG haldex) or always on?
Honestly I’m not entirely sure how the X-Drive system works in comparison to the haldex but so far I’ve found it not too bad. Personally I prefer purely RWD as there seems to be a few issues with the X-Drive system much like any with transfer cases, having to use star rated tyres etc. but saying that it drives very nice etc.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
So after a complete saga with runflat tyres bulging etc I decided to throw on a set of 18 inch 640M winter wheels I have but it really showed how high the X-Drives really sit. Here’s a before photo;

IMG_9704.jpeg

After a bit of deliberation between various springs, coilovers etc. I thought the best option would be to go 45/30mm H&R springs with the adaptive suspension similar to @richie_mck.

IMG_9783.jpeg

Colm at Banbridge Motorworks fitted them this week along with a few other bits to keep it right and it’s safe to say I’m pretty happy with how it looks! Still on the hunt for a set of 704M or a good set of 442M’s.

IMG_9786.jpeg
IMG_9789.jpeg
IMG_9791.jpeg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Superb, glad you went for the h&r’s, sitting really well now. The 18’s looks well too, I love a good square tyre too to fill the arch

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Superb, glad you went for the h&r’s, sitting really well now. The 18’s looks well too, I love a good square tyre too to fill the arch
Thanks! Something a bit different and it seems to ride pretty good too with the 18s.

dempster__

RMS Regular
OP
dempster__
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Lovely motor, those 640m's though :heart_eyes:
Got them of this real nice fella…

That looks perfect - great looking estate!
Thanks! Need a few more bits but coming together anyway.

Very nice, sits great. Lovely looking car.
Thanks, sits a lot better now!

Looks fantastic! Has put me in the notion of changing my E61 for one of these
It’s a really nice car to be fair although I’m sure the E61 is a hard car to beat too! I’m all about the estate life now haha