Ever had a car you sold, regretted it straight away and it still haunts you!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
The guy who bought my Martini integrale a few years ago has now befriended me on face ache and sent me a photo of it. He's just teasing me now and knows I so miss that car. "ARRGGHH"

IMG_0903.JPG

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Integrale looks beautiful, was it fully motorsport prepared or just an exterior lookie Likey? I spy a cage in there..

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Ok mine is slightly less epic lol, I instantly regretted selling two cars, first was my old E36 318i Touring:

And after that my Accent MVi:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
My s14a 200sx and my 180sx... Was the smart thing to do but I miss those cars so much...

And my little mk1 eunos I had few years back also lol

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Out of all the cars I've had, including the Skyline, 200's, V12 Merc, Freelander, Clio's, various 4x4's etc, the only car i actually miss on a regular basis is a 1995 BMW E34 525TDS that had over a quarter of a million miles on it. It was a £500 daily that got a horrible time, and got treated as such, but I let it go in a panic 1 day and have regretted it since.

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
Sold my ST Mondeo diesel around May this year, re mapped and had a few pound threw at it Had it nearly 6 years and one of the best cars I've had

Some man from Richhill (sp) bought it and he was driving off down the road and I was wtf did I just do :worried:

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
My red Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S. I've had more expensive cars by 10s of thousands and more powerful cars by hundreds of bhp but that wee car was everything I love about cars in one vehicle.

Was bought by a guy on here but that was about 8 years ago now (just remembered it was @Curtiz)

Last edited:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I regretted selling my Cavalier many moons ago, needed a new alternator and was getting a wee bit of bubbles of rust on the arch but it was a lovely comfortable car. Pretty much gave it away compared to the prices they were going for.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
my black s14a with the carbon boot and bonnet. Was 420 horse and it made use of every bit of it in grip, My main regret is not giving it a full respray and rip the forged engine out which was getting tired and do a 2.2 stroker on it. I managed to track down the owner now in france, same chap i sold it to, 5 odd years ago. Just to check how it is. Its still fine

the offending machine

21sev7.jpg

I have myself convinced i will never own something that was as responsive and as sharp and usable, unless i build another one, 3rd gear pull and a full pull in 4th could dismiss most things,

Last edited:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I know I'd regret ever selling the NSX which is why I intend on keeping it for life if I can.
I'd get the odd random tempting offer, which would single handedly put an extension on the house but always catch myself on in the end as I know I'd immediately regret it and facelifts are hard to come by unless your pockets are very deep.

56oval

RMS Regular
i dont regret selling it as it was time to let it go, i just regret not keeping it and selling it now in todays market, it would easy make 50k at auction now, if not close 75k. 100% original paint, twin sliding door samba, special order for lufthansa one of only 7 ever built at the hanover factory. loaded with rare options and factory lsd. 16000kms from new.

olympus065.jpg

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
1 car i think i regretted selling was my red 200sx...... bought another 3 years ago and forgot what the fuss was about. Admittidly i was a lot younger back then.
Another was my Eunos. Only regretted selling it as i realized after how clean it was.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
My red 306 rallye. Was just in outstanding condition when I had it. Such a wonderful driving car. In hindsight, I should have parked it in the garage DNS rolled it out every summer for a few miles, rather than selling it and it going to scrap :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.