Foam lance not really foaming

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Mate of mine has a snow foam lance that doesn't foam half as much as mine, think it was from Monza cleaning. The mixture is very watery and doesn't cling. The gauzes have been cleaned but there is a slight leak from the nozzle, could that be the problem?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I wonder if it's a good idea once you've finished with he snow foam, tom remove the bottle and run the pressure washer through it until the water comes clear?

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
How u replace gauzes? have noticed mine not as good as it used to be

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Has anyone has this issue with a new lance? I've been struggling to get decent clinging foam from the two times I've used it. It's not a fleabay lance either...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Has anyone has this issue with a new lance? I've been struggling to get decent clinging foam from the two times I've used it. It's not a fleabay lance either...

Same here.

Got better once I figured out the settings (turn the flow right down with the knob at the top, and then close the nozzle as far as possible).

Works ok most of the time, but still on the wet side, and getting random watery bursts every now and then while using the lance. Seems a bit random. Was wondering if something else might be the issue.

Also a brand new lance.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Same here.

Got better once I figured out the settings (turn the flow right down with the knob at the top, and then close the nozzle as far as possible).

Works ok most of the time, but still on the wet side, and getting random watery bursts every now and then while using the lance. Seems a bit random. Was wondering if something else might be the issue.

Also a brand new lance.

Thats how I have it set, still have problems. It will still foam but lasts no where near as long as some have posted. Mine does go very watery as well on occasion but thats more likely to be that whoever attached the sealing tape made a hash and it sits on its side lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Same again, not lasting as long as I expected.

Think I will bring mine down to @big_pete some time. Did not buy it from him, but see if he can figure it out. Must be doing something wrong, bound to be some basic newbie error :grinning:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
They take a bit of getting used to setting up. Could be the product too, not all foam up thick. They dont have to btw as long as it clings and removes dirt (y)

purplea4T

RMS Regular
OP
purplea4T
Mine is quite different to his, his would be all plastic where my nozzle and parts are brass, both using the same product and mine is like shaving foam!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
I'm in the same boat... If just fires the constrantated mix out in watery form. But have to put it on water only mode to turn wat substance on the car to foam = sucks but kina works but seeing others work is a king in the teeth lol

Mines a 170psi sealey pressure washer with bottle on body of washer not actually on the gun

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Thats how I have it set, still have problems. It will still foam but lasts no where near as long as some have posted. Mine does go very watery as well on occasion but thats more likely to be that whoever attached the sealing tape made a hash and it sits on its side lol.

I'm having the same problem. I even had the top setting screwed closed tight, open a bit, open more. I've played about with every setting.

I thought I was just being too stingy with the amount of snow foam in the lance, but even with a little bit more generous amount, still fairly watery. Quite disappointed tbh :/

Jason

RMS Regular
I have what i think is a snow foam attachment on my nilfisk e140, it does foam up and all but wouldnt say its brilliant, anyone used it?

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
after I use mine.... I half fill the bottle with water (after rising the bottle well) and then re attaching, and blowingclean water through it, cleans it all out - and 'hopefully' will stop it getting gunged up..

no doubt Pete and others who use them daily can advise on best practice... but for me, its just makes sense to rinse thoroughly

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Have you tried a different snow foam to check that the product isn't at fault? I use a few different snow foams regularly at the thickness of the foam varies considerably

I run hot water through our pressure washer and it seems to prevent the gauze getting gunked up

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I have used both Anachem and Bilt hamber (I think) both fairly similar and both proven to have much longer clinging times than I'm achieving. Must have a llok at the gauze when i'm home for the weekend.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Have you tried a different snow foam to check that the product isn't at fault? I use a few different snow foams regularly at the thickness of the foam varies considerably

I run hot water through our pressure washer and it seems to prevent the gauze getting gunked up

I got the tuti-fruity & candyfloss ones and only tried the tuti-fruity so far so you might have a point.

I need a good day to try the other though so I can spend a bit of time after waxing etc.

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
I used to mix two snow foams together and got amazing snow it was so deep and sticky [emoji15] but same problem recently just watery meh comes out unless you turn it upside down then back again gives about 5 seconds of super foam then meh again. Going to try stripping it and see what changing the gauze does if anything.

dingle

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
I have autobrite lance and I used autobrite snowfoam and it was fine. I then changed to the Orchard Cotton Candy stuff and it blocked 2 gauzes very quickly, going to try something else next time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.