Ford Fiesta temperature sensor

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ade Hughes

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6.5 fiesta zet
hey guys

couple of months ago my outside air temperature sensor decided to shat itself and stop working. all i see on the dash now for the outside temperature is --'c and when i switch the car on it displays -40'c for a second then it goes to the --'c sign.

can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this fixed. will ford rip the arse out of me for replacing it? how much would a new sensor cost?

thanks

Ade Hughes

scotty

RMS Regular
Drives
ST Tdci / Saph
!BsVwSJ!!2k~$(KGrHqEH-DsEvCJUvkzcBL3dDTzg6!~~_12.JPG

Thats the sensor for outside air temp, its usually located quite low behind the front bumper. Have a look and check the connections are ok, if not, the above sensor is sitting at 3 quid on ebay at the minute.

Ade Hughes

RMS Regular
OP
Ade Hughes
Drives
mk6.5 fiesta zet
i have removed the grill and located the sensor. all the wires seem to be grand and none look loose. are they a bother to try and fit?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
i have removed the grill and located the sensor. all the wires seem to be grand and none look loose. are they a bother to try and fit?

From the photo it looks like it's just plug and play so to speak

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
That looks the exact same as my mondeo one i changed at the weekend. Tho im not sure if it has fixed the problem. Mine was reading far higher tempature than it actually want.

They are simple to unplug and plug the new one back in.

Need to see what temp another car says compared to mine to make sure its working properly tho.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.