Found a potential vauxhall gem need your help.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big neil

RMS Regular
Right guys I have known this car since it was bought in 1997 it's a calibra se9 2.5 v6 complete as it came out of the show room one owner from new.
Good points are ,this car has only covered 47000 miles in its life the v6 engine is mechanically sound and well serviced the car drives real good on board computer works

Here are a few pics

Bad points are mainly cosmetic as you can prob see from the pics the bodywork needs a bit of tlc a few scratches and dents across the car in all honestly car could prob do with a respray .

Driver seat is a bit worn and could do with replacement or repair .

Basically looking a bit of advice on valuing this potential classic so vauxhall guys could do with your help .

Thanks in advance Neil

Last edited:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Depending how badly you want it I'd say 2k tops but more 1500-1700 to allow for full spray n seat which to do right cud see 2k in costs

Bumper trims etc v faded aswell I'd b wanting to replace them too

Bit of tlc that wud def b a lovely lovely wee motor

Wonder is it beyond a buff

s13rab

RMS Regular
Lol I was really thinking 500-1000 tps depending what needs done lol I personally would give anymore than that I don't see the fuss with them if I'm honest but that's just me

Steve C

RMS Regular
The drivers seat is worn at 47k? Any history to back up the mileage? You say you know it but how well?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Depends really how much he wants it or how much owner really thinks it's worth if he paid 20kish back in the day n still reckons it's a bit special

Normal Cali probly £500 but se9 is a bit rarer and was the last special

If short ass has had the seat fw then b worn gettin in n out easy enuff :-(

big neil

RMS Regular
OP
big neil
This car was owned by a neighbour of my in laws I remember the car from new and know for a fact that the mileage is genuine servicing was done at ballyrobert and in sure they could clarify the mileage at some point !! Very rarely was anybody else in the car bar the driver and the car is 17 years the drivers seat is a bit worn not falling to bits !!

Gavlar

RMS Regular
If you stuck it on a Vauxhall owners forum it would prob get a load of attention or possibly a bidding war! Lol

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Was offered this one myslf, but I've plenty at the minute, plus a wedding coming up!

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
I'd buy it, respray, replace trim, badges, refurb wheels an a good service and it'd be a lovely car.
Pity it's red tbh maybe would've got away with abit of paint and a good detail if it was any other colour.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Would hardly imagine there being any profit in it after a full respray.

Plus unless done to a very high standard a respray could hurt the value.

Either way it would never be worth a high sum unless you had some eejit bustin their balls for one.

Clinty

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3 / Renaul
Talked about this with Mook this morning, Id be saying the £1500 - £1700 mark. These cars are rare and very few pop up with low mileage like this.

Seat etc can be fixed how much you want to spend is up to you.

This car is a future classic, last of the Calibra line so snap it before someone else does!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Nah wudnt b doin it for profit myself sounds like it's a car he's followed a long time and thought I'd like that...

V6 b lovely purr off it too

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I'm not a Vauxhall fan in the slightest but loved Calibras and Novas. I say buy it. If I'd somewhere to store it and work on it I'd love a project like this. Hell if I wasn't looking for a Golf I'd buy it anyway!

kylus1986

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GT
I think mooks spon on with the valuation. A good clean calibra is a rare site these days. I'd say buy it now at 1500 get it tidied and protected. Will be worth a fair few quid in years to come.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Shud grand, cav n Cali were designed with larger v6 in mind, was veccy that it was an afterthought n left them a nightmare

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Shud grand, cav n Cali were designed with larger v6 in mind, was veccy that it was an afterthought n left them a nightmare

The bigger inlet on the Vectras didn't help matters either.

big neil

RMS Regular
OP
big neil
Wish I had the space to store this or I would have it all day long unfortunately going to have to pass it up for some other lucky so and so to get there hands on it so as a favour to the neighbour going to be putting it up for sale in classified if anybody is interested .
Oh and the wear in the drivers seat was caused by the owner not opening the door fully to get out as were he parked the car was beside a wall and didn't want to hit the door so he was like squeezing out rubbing on the seat.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.