Gav's Yaris GR

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
It is a lot louder yes, I found the Milltek was subtle enough. Will try get some videos.

It is yes, so so light

Have stuck it up for sale on the GR Facebook group there
Do you mind pointing me in the direction of the name of the Facebook group? Haven’t seen it in the few I’ve looked at

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Stuck the GoPro on and tried to record the intake and exhaust noises today. Hard to record without any distortion but sure.

Also had a play on the drive but didn't last long as the Yaris slid down the drive with all 4 wheels locked towards the Range Rover. Had to steer in to a kerb/bush to avoid a collision 😂😂

Said kerb/bush 😂
20240115_111206.jpg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Stuck the GoPro on and tried to record the intake and exhaust noises today. Hard to record without any distortion but sure.

Also had a play on the drive but didn't last long as the Yaris slid down the drive with all 4 wheels locked towards the Range Rover. Had to steer in to a kerb/bush to avoid a collision 😂😂

Said kerb/bush 😂
View attachment 422430

Sounds good bud!

I would have thought the extra Xmas weight in the drivers seat would help the traction in your drive ;)

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
That sounds mad I love the woosh from the intake that would bring out my inner child lol.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Sounds good bud!

I would have thought the extra Xmas weight in the drivers seat would help the traction in your drive ;)

Pot, kettle, offshore worker lol

That sounds mad I love the woosh from the intake that would bring out my inner child lol.

Haha, yeah definitely brings out child behaviour, much to the wife's disgust 😂 Addictive noise!

Sounds good!
Wheel(s) kerbed? Lol
Haha no, luckily the tyre shoulder protrudes just enough, though I want to refurbish them anyways. Few wee scratches on the PPF I think just, but better than hitting the Range Rover. Never would have lived that down 😂

Actually hit the same bush twice, I'm some pilot 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Wanted a splitter for the front for a while. Liked the TRD one but wasn't keen on the wee bits up the arch. But then the more I seen it the more I liked it. Plus it's kinda OEM so knew it would fit right. So finally bit the bullet and bought one.
Sits about 12mm lower and a good bit further out the front, hopefully don't rip it off up some back road!
20240216_170340.jpg
IMG-20240216-WA0022.jpeg
1708184444300.jpg
1708184372959.jpg

Sideskirts I would've been happy with any of the Maxton ones, but they come matt black where the TRD splitter is gloss. So TRD skirts were got as well. Perfect fit and the standard skirts even have the holes pre marked on them for drilling.

20240217_124852.jpg

20240217_133959.jpg

20240217_124914.jpg

The splitter comes with a lip spoiler as well, all part of the on track development if you believe the videos they made 😂 Anyways, it's rubbish looking, really cheap and nasty, literally a rubber draught excluder. So it was chucked to the side and a Maxton one bought instead. Still subtle enough as didn't want a big shouty rally wing.

TRD one
20240215_184102.jpg
20240215_184112.jpg

Maxton one
20240217_143131.jpg
20240217_143216.jpg

Thinking now I may need spacers for the wheels, but didn't really want to go down that route. Maybe another set of wheels with better offset, but quite like the standard wheels. Also will lower it slightly at some point when I can get over to String Theory for their full set up.

20240217_142821.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
That splitter makes some difference to the front.

You have to love buying quality parts which come with accurate drilling guides and all, making the installation job much more pleasant than going at it like Stevie Wonder with a hatchet… 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
That splitter makes some difference to the front.

You have to love buying quality parts which come with accurate drilling guides and all, making the installation job much more pleasant than going at it like Stevie Wonder with a hatchet… 😂

Yeah apart from having to use Google translate to figure out the instructions everything was spot on. Real comprehensive kit, though would want to be for the price of them!

No tiger seal required either 😂🐯

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Wanted a splitter for the front for a while. Liked the TRD one but wasn't keen on the wee bits up the arch. But then the more I seen it the more I liked it. Plus it's kinda OEM so knew it would fit right. So finally bit the bullet and bought one.
Sits about 12mm lower and a good bit further out the front, hopefully don't rip it off up some back road!
View attachment 425512View attachment 425513View attachment 425514View attachment 425515

Sideskirts I would've been happy with any of the Maxton ones, but they come matt black where the TRD splitter is gloss. So TRD skirts were got as well. Perfect fit and the standard skirts even have the holes pre marked on them for drilling.

View attachment 425517
View attachment 425518
View attachment 425519

The splitter comes with a lip spoiler as well, all part of the on track development if you believe the videos they made 😂 Anyways, it's rubbish looking, really cheap and nasty, literally a rubber draught excluder. So it was chucked to the side and a Maxton one bought instead. Still subtle enough as didn't want a big shouty rally wing.

TRD one
View attachment 425520View attachment 425521

Maxton one
View attachment 425522View attachment 425523

Thinking now I may need spacers for the wheels, but didn't really want to go down that route. Maybe another set of wheels with better offset, but quite like the standard wheels. Also will lower it slightly at some point when I can get over to String Theory for their full set up.

View attachment 425524
Looks good bud, but thought you didn't like black alloys? ;)

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
The front end now looks like it should abit more aggressive. I much prefer the Maxton spoiler as well looks miles better than the TRD one.

Gambit

RMS Regular
That TRD rear lip is comical, function over form no doubt but how on earth they said yeah thats good to go when it wouldn't take much to at least blend it in given the effort they went to on the front splitter. Probably was a last minute thing after testing showed front splitter unbalanced it but still!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Like the new bits but honestly thing lowering would ruin its rally car look, that extra wee bit of ride height sets them apart I think.

Nah it'll be going 20/25mm at most on the String Theory springs. Bought it for throwing up a back road so don't want it too low as defeats the whole point of buying it.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Would 20/25 not even be too much on some roads round the Windy Gap?

I lowered my GTi 25mm and it rubbed going up the hill past the dump 😂.

Ah I dunno, would've hoped not but could be right!
I'm headed down Co Kerry this week in it to do Wild Atlantic Way so we'll see if it catches anything then. If it does then I'll rethink the lowering lol.