Halfords - alpine cde-173bt

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

vwsully

RMS Regular
OP
vwsully
Drives
jdm camry, w140
I was nearly buying a used one for £70 but just happened to check out what was about. Won't be able to lift it till Saturday but not bothered.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
I was nearly buying a used one for £70 but just happened to check out what was about. Won't be able to lift it till Saturday but not bothered.

Got the same here, Saturday 1st August for collection, it must be old warehouse stock they have of them. Did this with something before and got a phone call before the date they said to say it was ready for collection so hopefully that's the case.

Either way it's still a bargain :laughing:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
That's a fantastic price for an Alpine h/u, never mind one with bluetooth!

azzymo

RMS Regular
Drives
Bikes
Reserved one too. Just bought my sister a JVC headunit a week ago and haven't fitted it yet so gonna to take it back and hope they exchange it for me. The Bluetooth option is great.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Feck sake, was looking for one of these a while back and they were still full wack :mad:

Absolutely brilliant units, had them in a few cars

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Just ordered one to be collected on Saturday.

No blue tooth for calls in the golf is doin my balls in!!

@Cartunes will this just pop into my mk4 without any hassle? Was gonna just leave the cd changer in position so that there is no void.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Just ordered one to be collected on Saturday.

No blue tooth for calls in the golf is doin my balls in!!

@Cartunes will this just pop into my mk4 without any hassle? Was gonna just leave the cd changer in position so that there is no void.

Naw, but buy the converter loom off ebay for a few quid, unless you can re-pin the ISO harness yourself. There is a connection to the car computer that looks like a permanent live and the battery/ igntion are transposed!

Just get one of these babies:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-69-4-...191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25682d6437

Last edited:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Naw, but the converter loom off ebay for a few quid, unless you can re-pin the ISO harness yourself. There is a connection to the car computer that looks like a permanent live and the battery/ igntion are transposed!

Just get one of these babies:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-69-4-...191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25682d6437

Many many moons ago when I was into this stuff, those adapters came with the headunit lol

I dont have ebay/paypal so will most likely just get robbed by halfrauds....still cheaper than a parrot kit or other new headunits with this spec though :grinning:

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I got one of these at Christmas, it's a pretty good HU. I'm not sure if it's just mine or them all, but it's started to randomly drop the Bluetooth connection these days. You need to turn BT off and on again on the phone for it to pick up again.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Reserved one myself anyone know what adapter is required to fit to a subaru, it has a double din (cassette/CD player) atm from factory and when I tried to swap it over previously I noticed it had a different plug. Anyone know what one to get to save me pulling it all out again.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Bargain just reserved one myself for my runaround ... no BT sucks!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Bargain just reserved one myself for my runaround ... no BT sucks!

@ChrisL - this is so YOU! Buy it instead!!
roadrunner.jpg

Chris0

RMS Regular
Thanks to @Cartunes I have the required adapter which should be here tomorrow then collect and fit it on Saturday. Just need a universal pocket thing as it currently has a double din

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.