Help required understanding an HPI check

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

comfortablynumb

RMS Regular
Guys,

Would really appreciate some help from anyone familiar with interpreting HPI checks. I'm considering buying a used car privately and have run an HPI check on it but don't fully understand the details.

Query 1

VRM A (original plate - 29.04.2005 (date of first registration in UK)
VRM B (private plate) - 25.10.2010
VRM A (original plate put back on) - 11.02.2013

It then states "2 previous plates recorded for this vehicle"...obviously the private plate is one...do they then count the original plate as the second even when the original is put back on?

Query 2

"VRM recorded as previously used or registered abroad before first registration with the DVLA".

What does this mean bearing in mind that the car was manufactured in 2005 and has a first registration date in the UK of 29.04.2005?

Query 3

"Current keeper acquired on" - this is blank. Why?

Query 4

"Number of keepers before current keeper - 0" - there is definitely more than the current keeper.

I have only used the VRM for this HPI check as I do not yet know the VIN Number or V5 serial number or issue date. Does this make a difference to the information in a search?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Was the car previously reg'd in England? English plate?

The 2 plate thing would be it's been changed twice, because it has. Regardless if it's the same plate.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.