hit a pot hole

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
It says on the form somewhere, think its 4 months! And from what i've heard they like to use all the time available to them to drag it out! I hit a massive pothole last weekend & bust a month old tyre. Havnt had a chance to check the alloy on a balance machine yet cause have to wait til the tyres come in stock again. Sickening :worried: and hardly worth the hassle over the head of one tyre..

Make sure you have pictures of the pothole and any damage.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Where was the pothole?
Iv put my claim in the alloys i wrecked by hitting one. Hopefully they dont take long to pay out

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I landed in one two weeks ago with no yellow paint around it. Was right were the road went from tar to concrete and about half a foot deep, but was shaped perfectly like a rectangle and with straight sides so was a quare thump. Knocked the alignment right off and destroyed a tyre (still need to get the alloy checked for cracks, haven't been driving it since). Went back the next morning for pictures and it was filled already :mad:

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Went back the next morning for pictures and it was filled already :mad:

How can they prove the one you hit is the one you took pictures off?

Go find a bigger pot hole, take pics of it, then send the form in

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
How can they prove the one you hit is the one you took pictures off?

Go find a bigger pot hole, take pics of it, then send the form in

I've been looking, but none on the correct side of the road so far (I hit right wheel, only seen ones to the left so far)

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Is there a way of claiming from emotional distress or whiplash from hitting a pothole?

I hit one the other day, I'm sure I seen some Chillian miners scramble out of it first and thought the car was going to lift off the road. I swear my neck and back are still sore!

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Wait until you see the form. You'll not bother filing all the crap in.

What car was it? Tire wrecked?

Plus from what I read up on when I burst my tyre, once you report it, if they fix it in a certain time it's tough **** and also if they can prove regular checks/inspections of the road on a set basis it's not worth time trying to claim

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Is there a way of claiming from emotional distress or whiplash from hitting a pothole?

I hit one the other day, I'm sure I seen some Chillian miners scramble out of it first and thought the car was going to lift off the road. I swear my neck and back are still sore!

I some how think your over reacting. If it hurt your back you wouldn't have been driving the car on home with a burst tire, smashed wheel and prob arms etc bent too etc if it was such an impact

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
I some how think your over reacting. If it hurt your back you wouldn't have been driving the car on home with a burst tire, smashed wheel and prob arms etc bent too etc if it was such an impact

I'm trying to claim extra money for their incompetance :p

Our roads are a joke compared to most other developed countries!

Mark King

RMS Regular
OP
Mark King
Drives
Cars
Wait until you see the form. You'll not bother filing all the crap in.

What car was it? Tire wrecked?

Plus from what I read up on when I burst my tyre, once you report it, if they fix it in a certain time it's tough **** and also if they can prove regular checks/inspections of the road on a set basis it's not worth time trying to claim

Bentley,wheel like a 50p ffs.

Audi_TTS

RMS Regular
weirdly reading this when my dad called to ask if I knew anything about the claim forms. Brand new Perelli (it'll only ever happen on a new wheel lol) ruined on hitting a pathoule in Rathfriland. booo

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
il have to get one of these forms filled out! i hit a pothole last week down by downpatrick/ardglass, it actually hurt hitting the thing, must have been 6" deep easy!
are pictures essential because i never got a chance to take a picture as i ended up further up the road b4 i realised it blew out and i live in bangor, cost me £70 to get home, snapped a wheel nut so now have to pay to get that stud drilled out aswell!!

Mr Bunyip

RMS Regular
theres one on the d'dee road in ards, mr vtecs missus hit it an wrecked the 19" schnitzer(think thats it lol) on the back of the bm. bad job like

dufunk

RMS Regular

That would fall under personal injury there is a form for that on that link also fill out the two n send them in.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
I'm trying to claim extra money for their incompetance :p

Our roads are a joke compared to most other developed countries!

Everywhere has potholes. Its impossible to fix them all esp with the weather we have had.

I was in america last week and there was loads of potholes but the jeep didnt mind them 8o|

Over there they even set a certain weight limit per tyre on the road in winter, thats why the trucks have so many sets of wheels.

IF they would stop letting people dig a trench up the middle of the road every time they resurface it the potholes wouldnt happen as easily. I think if someone digs up a new good condition road for a trench they should be made to resurface it back to the original condition.

slider

RMS Member
Everyone i know who has tried this has failed to get any money from the doe, or whoever it is you claim from. The claim form is as think as the feckin yellow pages, plus they can say your photos are not up to scratch and all this other crap to try and put you off claiming...good luck but be ready for a long wait.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.