Honda heads..b18 problems

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

B20DC2

RMS Member
Drives
jdm dc2 type r
This earth should be on the top of the rear thermostat housing where Bottom rad hose connect to block. The earth has 4 black wires joined to 1 terminal. If it's not on it's prob hangin below the inlet somewhere.

Garethb18

RMS Member
Drives
Honda Civic VTI
Was at the cinema but i will check tomorrow :grinning: do you need to reset ecu? I was reading up about an "ecu reset" fuse?

B20DC2

RMS Member
Drives
jdm dc2 type r
U don't have to do it that's just to reset the fault codes. It won't stop vtec working or anything like that if you don't reset it

Garethb18

RMS Member
Drives
Honda Civic VTI
No everything has been done, the speed sensor cable was cut so run a new one and still no vtec, were going to check whether the vehicle speed sensor is faulty. the obd is a complete mess I need an obd2 diagram, Do you want me to post up some photos see if you can tell head to tale mate ? @B20DC2

B20DC2

RMS Member
Drives
jdm dc2 type r
It's just saying that if the chip is bad or the ecu is ****ed the car will still run from a back up microchip. That only has a 3500rpm limiter n runs really rich. Where the car at? You anywhere near ballymena

Garethb18

RMS Member
Drives
Honda Civic VTI
Belfast mate but not a problem travelling. A different Htune ECU was used also and it still had no vtec etc. thanks for the constant feedback @B20DC2

B20DC2

RMS Member
Drives
jdm dc2 type r
What ecu are you using, obd1 or obd2a? If you brung it down I'd have a look over it and check continuity of all the wires needed for vtec to work. Sounds like a butcher had a go with the wiring lol

Garethb18

RMS Member
Drives
Honda Civic VTI
It was a ridiculous job the boy should have been working on toy cars instead of attempting an engine conversion, he tried and failed and paid ECC 10 hours to get it running. its an obd2, Ill give ya a wee shout once im back from my holiday in 2 weeks mate, or if your free this week your choice bud :grinning:

Rooneyrocket

RMS Regular
Drives
CRV
the ecu is p28 with a h-tune chip in it, the wiring at the ecu has been poorly rewired from 0bd2a to obd1 instead of using a simple conversion harness

B20DC2

RMS Member
Drives
jdm dc2 type r
Yea well if you got a new loom it be handy but iv your stuck I could repin it for you. Done a couple including a h22 swap using a obd2b 1.4 loom and repining it to obd1 and adding the extra wires for vtec iab and the egr to all work.

B20DC2

RMS Member
Drives
jdm dc2 type r
il be about later today or sat.id say your easiest way round this bout be a ek4 engine loom, odb2a prefacelift or obd2b facelift depending what yours it. and either use a jumper harness to obd1 or personally id advise using a standard Honda obd2a ecu p72or p73. most of the chiped ecu maps never seem to be that great and have really advanced ignition timing and run to rich or lean. id expect h tunes one to be not that bad but

Garethb18

RMS Member
Drives
Honda Civic VTI
Well you can have a look sure and if it comes to that conclusion @Rooneyrocket has got me a loom and will do the swap. But its last resort :grinning:

Im away to corfu tomorrow for 2 weeks but im free all day till about half 7 today @B20DC2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.