Incar Civic @ Dogleap Rally

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
car looked and sounded well on saturday, i was down for a wee while in the afternoon

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
Cheers richie, broke an engine mount in the afternoon and found out I badly need a baffled sump but car went good other than that.

RCT

RMS Regular
Cheers richie, broke an engine mount in the afternoon and found out I badly need a baffled sump but car went good other than that.

Think everyone was the same with oil surge. Even with a baffled sump my light was on and off on some of the tight bits. Same on my dads car which has a ladder sump. Sore on tyres that place!

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
Think everyone was the same with oil surge. Even with a baffled sump my light was on and off on some of the tight bits. Same on my dads car which has a ladder sump. Sore on tyres that place!

Very sore! I was lucky enough to get away with two new dunlop x2's on the front that lasted til the end, I know the tyre wear turned a cheap day out into a dear day for some folk. Good event tho!

Reactions: RCT

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Going well there Bob! Have you been rallying for long? Pace notes fry my head...but i would still love a go!

Your co-driver seems really good, talking you through it all and throwing in gentle reminders when needed!

Jason

RMS Regular
Seen that bit I was chattin to you about around 2m the chicane, couldnt understand why so many were getting it wrong but you can hear the gravel!

Reactions: bob

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
Seen that bit I was chattin to you about around 2m the chicane, couldnt understand why so many were getting it wrong but you can hear the gravel!

Lol yeah far slippier than it looks, there was a few bits on the course like that where you went from lots of grip straight onto a fine layer of gravel.

Going well there Bob! Have you been rallying for long? Pace notes fry my head...but i would still love a go!

Your co-driver seems really good, talking you through it all and throwing in gentle reminders when needed!

I think that was my third proper run out, hopefully get out again in the next month or two. The pacenotes are a headache to "take in." They were actually a bit more detailed to start with, I had to take out some of the descriptions to try and simplify them into something a bit plainer that I might take in at the time. John aka sideways365 has very little experience reading notes and I thought it would help him too but there was no need as he was like a pro on the day (y)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Going spot on there for a relative new comer mate, got to be satisfied I am sure? What were your times like in the class?

Presume it was one of your first events on proper notes?

Why oh why did they take this event out of the woods though as it was right up there with the lakeland for one not to miss.

bob

RMS Regular
OP
bob
I heard something at the weekend that the wood stages are going to be run under a different name before the end of the year, not sure how much truth is in it though?

Times were ok Graham, had a good race all day with Aidan Wray in another Civic. We were joint equal going into the last stage but he bagged second I got third. Fella who won the class in a CRX was well ahead though no one could get near him all day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.