It's a Volvo thing

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In other news, the XC40 Recharge electric car is now available.

Same as the Polestar 2 underneath, but made in Ghent instead of Shanghai.

And weirdly more expensive than its "premium brand" sibling.

I think I'd rather have the XC40 to be honest, just more honest about what it is and better for it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Spied this at the weekend, thought it looked very 😎. Although looking it up its not as hot as I thought a T5 would be, although 247bhp is still ample lol

20210130_131220.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, I really like the look of the latest models (y)

There is a lot of stuff going on underneath now, like most recent cars these days. From "mild hybrid" to a gazillion safety bits and bobs. As long as that doesn't put you off (scares the bejeesus out of a Luddite like me, lol 😅) then they're seriously nice cars to float around in.

jonnyboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CRV
I had absolutely no intentions in buying a volvo I originally went to test drive a skoda superb just as I was about to take it out a run the V60 was literally getting rolled of the transporter and immediately caught my eye. Took it out a run & ended up singing the papers without a 2nd thought its my daily & without a doubt the most comfortable driving car ever owned it absolutely soaks up the miles effortlessly going to look into the newer v60 next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20210113_171958.jpg
    IMG_20210113_171958.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 106

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
There was another local one ( *AZ *480 reg) non turbo on bakebook or somewhere recently, needed recommissioning but was only around the £600 mark.
Have no need or space for another car atm!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think you want a turbo really. Hard to find one that hasn't been run into the ground.

There is a small but loyal following in the owners club.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
I fooking hate my volvo now! lol

In the past 2 months:

First - the key fobs stopped working - Still unrepaired as dot have a clue what way to go
Second - my only way to enter the car was the key, the metal cable that unlocks the car when you turn the key kinked/bent so the car wouldn't unlock. - fixed this by breaking in and then taking the lock apart and sorting the cable
Third - the "SRS Airbag - Service Urgent" with a red triangle light came on - from reading about etc, VIDA not giving me much info it essentially seems like the SRS system has logged crash data for some reason.

Anyone any experience with any of these?

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Couple of relatives have used him recently and he seemed very easy to deal with, think he did belt, water pump, driveshaft etc on a couple of cars.