It's Snowing

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Bangor to Island Magee this morning, worst was around Carrick/Whitehead.

20240116_072617.jpg

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
MK1 MX5. 14in standard wheels with summer tyres, torsen LSD and a good hand brake. Was even towing cars up the street with it.

My MK1 with a torsen was epic in the snow too. My old Integra Type R was also surprisingly capable, also with a torsen LSD.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
My MK1 with a torsen was epic in the snow too. My old Integra Type R was also surprisingly capable, also with a torsen LSD.

Yeah the only thing stopped it was getting physically beached on the snow when it was too deep. Cracker heater and all in it as well was a brilliant wee car that.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
If this wintry weather keeps delivering some snow after Wednesday it'll be some fun as the roads services boys are striking for a week

carson555

RMS Regular
Where abouts is that bud?
We're meant to be up around Carnalbanagh(ish) but told not to bother today. I'm in Cushendun and roads are wet here just
Out towards the sheddings.

Don’t bother with Carnalbanagh, if it’s bad here, will be bad there up in the hills. Main Carnlough Road isn’t great.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Absolute gridlock around the cairnshill area 😡 it’s getting heavier here too.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
If this wintry weather keeps delivering some snow after Wednesday it'll be some fun as the roads services boys are striking for a week
Yeah, whats the craic with that? They can hardly allow that to happen, it would be chaos lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't we have a local assembly with well paid MLA to deal with all that? Oh, hang on 😇😅

Looks like just today. Then a couple of clear cold days before it gets warmer again for the weekend. On proper winter tyres, piddly stuff like this wouldn't even register. But it is what it is. A day of chaos and then back to normal. Not the end of the world.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Difference is in alot of countries where they experience snow it's a mandatory requirement to have actual winter tires on during those months

Pretty sure that specific driving in snow is part of the driving test in these Nordic countries as well.

It was snowing fairly steadily when I left this morning, but not lying.

I give up at Ballyrobert turned round and came home, it had taken 50 minutes to get there, usually takes me 20 minutes at most. The traffic in front of me wasn’t moving very much either.