JT's CW Honda DC5 Type R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JT079

RMS Regular
Right folks,
I have been in for quite a long time but never had one build thread other than reading other's.
Now I thought I put a thread for my track orientated dc5.
I am so excited about my new purchase back to 2014.
A 12/2003 Champion White DC5 C-Pack, imported in 2008, stayed in England for only three month then brought by someone in Tyrone I believe as the registration is LHZ.

It is a fairly clean car for its age with about 70+k miles, decent seats and interior etc, not bad paint condition apart from the vinyl wrap that damaged the paint. There wasn't many history/ receipts regarding to car since 2008. Only two MOT carried out 2012 and 2013. Really appreciated If anyone can help me find a bit more history about this car!

Modification wise it has been lowered by a **** spring, and with a rusting HKS backbox.

I used to own a Honda EK and then a MK1 Mazda 3 MPS before this:

DSC00509.jpg

1_zpscf5b6e98.jpg

On the day I collected:

IMG_0900_zpsf9083c5e.jpg

IMG_0901_zps3cb661a3.jpg

And I just went to the back road for a drive...I have to say, this thing is absolutely mental, even after driven my turbo mps, especially on the mountain twisty road. I was trying to keep the RPM... Damn, this car always feels fast, sounds fast. I am glad that I went back to Honda and purchased a such epic machine.

So I removed the vinyl wrap:

IMG_0964_zps42d25852.jpg

And the edge was damaged, not bad condition but needs to be taken care of.

IMG_0970_zps3a7f9ed5.jpg

De-rear wiper has to be done
xaiwebs_017.gif
:

IMG_0979_zps1ce43b8e.jpg

Next thing will be to sort out the rear rust...the boot was like a pound
xaiwebs_016.gif
xaiwebs_019.gif

And the bolt that holds the space saver was completely rusted and stuck inside

Some swear and sweat...

IMG_0976_zps83de90d4.jpg

And also I striped the boot trim to tidy any rust or leak spots, sanded them down, painted with Por 15 rust preventing paint.
wink.png

IMG_0980_zpse43ef11b.jpg

IMG_1156_zps20df6220.jpg

IMG_1176_zps0c36f091.jpg

sealed the lights, and rust proof the taillights brackets

IMG_1235_zpsa9f997c7.jpg

IMG_1234_zps180cdc52.jpg

Previous owners never cared about the handling as the rear camber was negative like -2 on each side due to the low spring without fitting camber adjuster! That inner edge of the rear tyres are all smooth like slick tyres!...

Hardrace rear camber arms, a set of goodyear F1 AS2 were fitted and a four wheel alignment was done at kerr's.

IMG_1249_zps2416bd9f.jpg

Cleaned the throttle body and IACV to eliminate any chance of sticky IACV. Also replaced the IACV gasket to a thermal plastic one.
IMG_1254_zps0258e653.jpg

Got a full kakimoto regu exhaust system fitted to replace the rusted HKS and OEM centre pipe.

ae65ce85-8f73-4006-8293-bc1e5fe7fa74_zpse4ac8ecd.jpg

Last edited:

JT079

RMS Regular
OP
JT079
The car feels much tighter and steering feels more precise now with the new tyres and full alignment.

A good weather in here over the weekend and went for a drive, for some exhaust note. :grinning:

JT079

RMS Regular
OP
JT079
The next steps: Paint my wheel sparking grey, got all my front and rear suspension components bushes replaced, also the clutch has been its way out since I got it, so order a new one from Honda, together with some must needed fluids.

Also have all fluids refreshed, mtec front and oem rear discs, aet superblue, hel braided brake line, ds2500 all around for brake setup.
Suspension was upgraded with tein tech lower springs, had a full alignment done at kerr's tyres at Antrim again.

Installed a drop in baffled sump for future upgrades if ever I wish to run semi-slick.

photo2_zps625fc0cb.jpg

Been to kirkistown twice now It was organised by "trackskill". I really enjoyed the experience especially after a 15mins instruction session, getting to know the track, practice all the skills that you don't normally use over road driving. Now I am hooked up...will try to go as many as possible in the future...

026FE1C3-F2F8-4FE6-9925-07814282F3F0_zpswn7hmr4z.jpg

Last edited:

JT079

RMS Regular
OP
JT079
Currently working on the front splitter and underbody panels, got one made up with dibond and going to fit it with L brackets and paired with PWJDM big winglets in due course. Also fitted the side winglets to the skirts. And planning to get a rear bumper underbody panel cut up in the coming weeks.

Recently, purchased a set of volkracing se37K in original anodised bronze colour waiting to get some rubber on, hopefully will be all ready for next trackday...

DSC_6675_zpsc0bbd269.jpg

DSC_6651_zpsf5cab85b.jpg

Last edited:

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Nice dc5! Always wanted one but never ended up getting one.

The 4 laner loves a good honda lol

Looks a clean one to be tracking though?

JT079

RMS Regular
OP
JT079
Nice dc5! Always wanted one but never ended up getting one.

The 4 laner loves a good honda lol

Looks a clean one to be tracking though?

well, for me, the stress you car gets in "enthusiastic weekend driving" is the same as your trackday driving...
But the trackday can only be more safe for you to do it though...

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Ah good to see a Honda being treated well! I test drove that exact car about 3 years ago but I ended up going for another one in the end. Glad to see that hideous wrap coming off the roof! Give the headlights a buff they should come up a treat!

Andy55

RMS Regular
DC5's have aged brilliantly. Looks so fresh and modern for a 2003 car.
Nice seeing one getting treated well.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I agree, great to see one being looked after well :grinning:.

Keep up the good work sir :grinning:.

JT079

RMS Regular
OP
JT079
Ah good to see a Honda being treated well! I test drove that exact car about 3 years ago but I ended up going for another one in the end. Glad to see that hideous wrap coming off the roof! Give the headlights a buff they should come up a treat!

The headlight plastic covers are aged, you can see small cracks on the film, or maybe inside the plastic. I am not bothered atm as is not a show only car. May replace them if I don't wanna track it anymore.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.