Knock When Moving Off

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Had a good look underneath there and no evidence of the boots splitting :worried:.

I'll have to park it up until the mechanic is free next week just.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Balls. 2nd opinion or is he good?

He's good I think.

£750 here for the engine :grinning:

Ha! The car is/was a good 1, so I'd just get it refurbished or get a replacement. He mentioned some boy Terry Henry (I think) in newtownabbey that could refurbish it. I assume that would be the wiser option instead of getting a second hand box, as you can't be 100% of the miles on it and it may suffer the same fate?

Last edited:

Mark_C

RMS Regular
I'd always rebuild a box myself, as I wouldn't trust a second hand box, after past experiences.

If you're not confident definitely bring it to one of those recommended places they always seem to get a good write up.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
He spoke to a VW master tech in work this morning that said it could be the DMF? That was without seeing it, based on a description.

Who knows! He'll get it stripped at the weekend for a better look.

Last edited:

Marc

RMS Moderator
He's good I think.

Ha! The car is/was a good 1, so I'd just get it refurbished or get a replacement. He mentioned some boy Terry Henry (I think) in newtownabbey that could refurbish it. I assume that would be the wiser option instead of getting a second hand box, as you can't be 100% of the miles on it and it may suffer the same fate?

Was it harry Smith?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
He spoke to a VW master tech in work this morning that said it could be the DMF? That was without seeing it, based on a description.

Could be. If the box is coming off it can be inspected I'm sure.

When my DMF went it rattled and shook the whole car but I guess it depends on what's actually broken.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Keep us posted on what's wrong mate. If you need a good price on a dmf and clutch give me a shout and I'll look after you (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.