Lanes/Targa Rallies

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
I am sh.1.t out of luck. Samba won't be ready until the end of July. How many events are there after the summer, if any?

OZ10

RMS Regular
A few Faker

27th July Cookstown
26th Oct Larne
9th Nov Ballynahinch
7th Dec Magherafelt
27 Dec INTBD Rally

This is Cookstowns first year so it would be nice to see it supported. Larne would be my choice its always a well ran event with good lanes but also Ballynahinch which I havent competed in is supposed to be quite good.

Keep an eye on stopastride.com for upcoming events

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
I am sh.1.t out of luck. Samba won't be ready until the end of July. How many events are there after the summer, if any?

There are more rallies there than just Lanes/Targa rallies.

Lanes/Targa 2013:
20 April, DMC, Springfling Rally
01 June, PMC(NI), Targa Rally
20 July, QUBMC, Summer Lanes Rally
27 July, CMC, Rally
17 Aug, NDMC, Rally
12 Oct, MDMC, Navigation Rally with Autotests
25 Oct, PPMC, Peak Performance Rally
26 Oct, LMC, October Lanes Rally
09 Nov, BDMC, Autumn Lanes Rally
07 Dec, MDMC, MADMC Lanes Rally
27 Dec, UAC, Not the Boxing Day Rally

I'm not sure what the MDMC event is on the 12 October, or the PPMC event on the 25 October.

Plenty of events left after July, but you still have over 3 weeks until the Summer Lanes. Get the Samba finished a week early and you'll be able to fit in 2 extra rallies.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Ciaran I take it the 12th Oct is a multivenue autotest and not lanes? not sure if they ran that or not last year.

Forgot about Newry, PPMC is also a multivenue autotest

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
Not really fussed about using the samba for auto testing to be honest. I will probable use something else for them. Sambas weak point is their gearbox, especially the crown wheel and pinion gear. No point dogging the life out of it unnecessarily.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
What's the lanes like on the queens event? would I need a sump guard on my standard mx5?

From what I remember from last year they were quite smooth. Seriously good event which we had previously not done due to how rough it was said to have been.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
What's the lanes like on the queens event? would I need a sump guard on my standard mx5?

To a certain degree the events are only as rough as you make them. If the surface breaks up you will need to have the self preservation to back it off a bit to save the car.
I have done most of the Lanes events and have never had a problem running with no sump guard. My Nova runs about standard ride height.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Entry List for this weekends Summer Lanes Rally
852967248dd3e6cb3942a1fe6af42945_L.jpg

Niall Carey and Stevie McAuley BMW 318ti
Brendan Mullan and Martin McBride, 1275GT
James Moffatt and David Gibson, Focus
Mal Haveron and Liza Haveron, MX5
Kieran Moore and Tracy McFarland, MX5
Stephen Wishart and Graham Smith 106
Stephen Cartright and tba MG Midget

OZ10

RMS Regular
as far as i know there were none last year either, 2011 they were allowed. Its a rule enforced by the MSA now, when I asked I was told it is because the lanes are ran on private land and so no camcorders were allowed.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
as far as i know there were none last year either, 2011 they were allowed. Its a rule enforced by the MSA now, when I asked I was told it is because the lanes are ran on private land and so no camcorders were allowed.

Yea its for the security of the land owners, trying to keep their private land as private as possible.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Seeded entry list now out, im excited to be seeded 6th on the road. Had various problems at this event before with the cars with both cars not finishing last year hopefully we will get a good run this year.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Can't wait for this. :grinning: Tyres on, and it even started last night after being parked up since the last lanes event. woo hoo. mx5moore, you've picked a great first event. I think this has been the best event of its type since its inception.

mx5moore

RMS Regular
Drives
http://www.reall
Great days fun yesterday, the mx5 wasn't in a straight line all day, great event, roll on next year!, saw a couple a guys taking photos, do you know will thy be posted online?