Last Drag Of The Year

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

56oval

RMS Regular
On at bishopscourt today, a big field with a very good mix of cars, racing starts at 11 am :grinning:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Great weather for it and some great cars out. Seemed to be pretty well run too compared with the last time I went.

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
I'd say that was one of the best days drag racing ever held at bishops court, completely refurbished ( at great expense ) timing system meant it was pretty much flawless all day,i think we'd put through over 140 pairings before 2pm!!!! yet again, my voice has gone ( which pleases the wife lol )

One slight oil down and a mythical dog on the track at the top end were the only causes for a lapse in action, all in all, brilliant, so many personal bests and who'd have thought numerous hondas would lay down sub 1.9 sec 60 ft times let alone a 1.730!!!!!!!! from the front wheels!!

Zilla

RMS Regular
Drives
Cosy coupe
ran very smoothly, best drag event in years.

although that oil almost killed me in the right lane

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Took a spin down to this along the coastal route in the mx5 with the g'f, had a great wee day and the weather was awesome. I work with Louis, the guy with the Camaro, so wanted to see how he got on at his first drag event.

IMG_6953, 2 t s.jpg

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
@soupz The Camero was fantastic, the boy did well, new car first time at the strip, went well into the 13's and then drove it home, hard to beat the sound of a burbling strokered v8, it looked like the camero camp was having a great day :grinning:

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
Great day out with my first run at my trade stand too :grinning:
Was it yourself commentating @56oval ?
I sent some freebie stickers your way for the shout out :grinning:

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Great day out with my first run at my trade stand too :grinning:
Was it yourself commentating @56oval ?
I sent some freebie stickers your way for the shout out :grinning:

Yep, unfortunately for you guys it was me commentating lol, stickers are here and awaiting me washing the van before i apply them :grinning:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Yep, unfortunately for you guys it was me commentating lol, stickers are here and awaiting me washing the van before i apply them :grinning:

Were you not racing then? I was trying to work out which Beetle was your's.

We also reckoned had we not been driving, a great drinking game could have been had based on every time you said "Drove the wheels off it" or a variation :p

56oval

RMS Regular
OP
56oval
Were you not racing then? I was trying to work out which Beetle was yours.

We also reckoned had we not been driving, a great drinking game could have been had based on every time you said "Drove the wheels off it" or a variation :p

no my bug is in bits, gearbox in england being rebuilt, ready for 2015.
Were there any variations of "drove the wheels off it"?? lol, its a long day in that booth, and my first go at commentating an event outside of our air-cooled one so you'll have to forgive my multiple phrases and possibly plenty of murryism's in there too . Liam who usually does the commentary is away working in china so i kinda got lynch mobbed into doing it. apologies ;)

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
no my bug is in bits, gearbox in england being rebuilt, ready for 2015.
Were there any variations of "drove the wheels off it"?? lol, its a long day in that booth, and my first go at commentating an event outside of our air-cooled one so you'll have to forgive my multiple phrases and possibly plenty of murryism's in there too . Liam who usually does the commentary is away working in china so i kinda got lynch mobbed into doing it. apologies ;)

Lol no need to apologise, I was only ribbing you!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.